cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ronwv

Explain how long to delay.

Since my quit day is Nov 5 and I been doing the delay method of holding off as long as possible till next dip.

My question is how long Should I hold off? When I delay I go as long as I can till I go into like a panic mode 

I do practice at breathing slowly and just feeling the wave of cravings from slight to pretty intense. 

I also try to understand why I am feeling this way and how to control my cravings and how to avoid the triggers.

I also catch my mind/body trying to go into slippery excuses.

Am I going in the right track and use this as a practice run till quit day or should I try another way.

I want this quit and I am beginning to understand it's going to be a tough fight.but,I been reading the posts here on this site and looking up whatever I can find to answer a quick question I think of.

I do want to thank all of you that have answered my question and giving me pointers.

11 Replies
Ronwv

Yesi do use snuff but,I use to smoke too and I haven't had a smoke in two years 

I was going to quit snuff too but,I let the addiction to control me. I half hearted tried to quit snuff after quit smoking but managed to make it to a day or two and in my mind. When the withdrawals and craving were so intended and my emotions rolling up and down and feeling like crap. Then I let the triggers and slippery excuses take control and I go dip again.

This time I really started  reading the comments and posts on here and I have honestly thought this out and with the nrt mints and good reading support and the daily pledge of no tobacco ever.

I have really enjoy the site because everyone that have replied to my post of my questions has been very nice and supporting.

Very Good!

0 Kudos