cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

emilyt123078

Ever feel like you want to live in a cave?

I have moments when I'm with my MUCH loved friends or family and I have an episode of the nasties, quite unexpectedly. i caught myself the other day, but I got to thinking that maybe I should just live in a cave until I'm back to normalville. Anyone ever feel like they have to remove themselves until they resemble that of a human being?

Honestly, I have no intention of being grumpy, but out of nowhere, I'll say something that one could define as passive aggressive and I leave feeling like I walked a mile then reverted back a few. 

20 Replies
desiree465

The V8 and OJ I could live without but coffee! That's crazy talk. But ulcers sound like they suck big time:(

TW517

I know, right?  I had a dental procedure a couple years ago and my dentist told me not to drink any coffee for awhile until the adhesive set.  I told him his definition of "awhile" without coffee was probably far different than mine.  He asked me how long my definition was, and I said 30 minutes.  We compromised at 45 minutes.

emilyt123078

Easy to give up cigarettes, not so easy to give up coffee.

elvan

emilyt123078‌ Did you say EASY???? Hahahahaha...I have had an extremely upset stomach since last Saturday and have not been able to drink coffee...even my usual one cup.  This morning, I had HALF a cup and had to run for a pan to vomit.  I just want you to remember that you said that...

Easy to give up cigarettes, not so easy to give up coffee.

Barbscloud

Needed a good laugh!

0 Kudos
IrishRose

So funny.  I was either a rattle snake or wanted to hide under a rock.  That's how I was.    hahahaha

I was either posting this on ex...

Image result for hide under a rock

or this...

Image result for snake striking gif

during my earlier stages of quitting on this site. 

Mandolinrain

When I quit I wanted to be put on a deserted island....my husband agreed. I get it

Unknown-1.jpegExcept maybe  a tad larger with more shade, and ice machine, oh and a campfire would be lovely, a bathroom....a nice little hut...a small grocery store......hahahahaha

Mandolinrain

Can I throw in a boat...hee-hee-hee

minihorses

Absolutely yes!  Sometimes I still do even after 6 mos.  As with everything else about this, it's a slow process but it is also progress!  Keep up the good work 

JACKIE1-25-15

Fortunately, I live alone and did not have to deal with others during my first few weeks of quitting.   I can imagine how hard it can be at times.  Keep it moving.