cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tmo39

Edgy and Stressed! On Day 5 w/out a cigarette

Had my last cigarette on Saturday.  Sunday and Monday weren't too bad.  Tuesday was hard.  Wednesday was Terrible.  Today has been Really Tough.  Trying to use nicotine gum when needed.  But can't seem to deal with the edgy/stressed feeling I have.  My co-workers think I'm a bitch.  Little things that usually don't matter have me in a twist.  I'm working out in the evenings which seems to help then.  Drinking tons of water during the day - doesn't help.  Any suggestions on getting through the work day?  Very stressful job! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pajurkie

Wow, that's awesome, congratulations!  5 days is a long time to stay away from those nasty life snatchers. Be proud of yourself. If you did 5 days you can get through today. You only need to worry about today and soon it will be day six. If it were easy we wouldn't need these sites. You are doing something right even if everything seems wrong. Keep it up and remember, you can do it because you are doing it!

0 Kudos
pajurkie

Deep breathing, counting, praying, ....works for me when I really want one. I have a really stressful job too and being able to do my job  without  leaving to smoke helps me to get my job done better. The patch really works for me because I get the steady stream  of nicotine without all the ups and downs. Remember, you're doing great. I'm sure you're coworkers would prefer a little bitchy than a smelly smoker who probably gets a little pissy whenever she needs a smoke anyway.

0 Kudos