cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

EMPHYSEMA

If you suffer from COPD with emphysema as one component then I just want to tell you about a new support group that was launched at MDJunction.com! I'm very excited about this group because we will provide ideas, info, advice and mostly support for those who have emphysema or their family members! Aunt Dee is also helping  launch this group and anybody who is interested - I hope you will check it out!!! It's OUR GROUP so we can develop it any way we want to! I for one hope to bring the same positive attitude and reinforcement there as I've experienced here at BecomeanEx!!!  This is just too topic specific for our great site here!!! I hope to see you COPDers there soon! Just click my name or picture and leave a note on my message board! I'll get back to you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pamela390

Hi I'm Pam and it is my first day here.  I have'nt had a cigerette for 2 days. This is not the first time I have tried to quit.  Maybe my 10th.  I have COPD and have been sick for the last week.  This is something I truly wnat to be successful at. 

0 Kudos

Hello, Pam! WELCOME!!! For quit smoking support you can get the very best advice by going to the BLOGS! You can do this! You have a great start already CONGRATULATIONS! For COPD help I'll message you some instructions on navigating MDJunction! Glad to have you with us! Together we can do this!

0 Kudos
auntdee

Hi Pam!!  Congratulations on your 2-day quit, sweetheart.  That is awesome!!  You are doing it.  Like Thomas said, we are here for you!  "Together we can do this".   Thomas and i have copd/emphysema too.  We would love to see you join our group.  It is home for us...family.  A place where we can share and be safe.  Blessings Pamela.  Keep up the great work!  Hugs, Doris

0 Kudos
christianmary

Hello, My name is Mary. I have severe COPD and struggle daily with being ill. Four years ago I had a failed back surgery which ended in bacterial pneumonia which caused respiratory failure. I was found not breathing on my bedroom floor by my neighbor, luckly I learned after the fact that I called 911 before I quit breathing. I spent a month on a vent in a coma at our local hospital. Anyway, the vent did so much damage, put that together with 30 years of smoking and you have a disasterous respiratory system. I am 53, and since all this I am disabled, I was a nurse and have been in the medical field 34 years. I have to be honest and say I have not learned to live with this disease yet, I never feel good, I never have good days. I know that sounds negative but it is so true. I am in terrible pain from my spine disease which has affected my muscles and nerves all over my body. I do not have any energy what so ever, snf trust me when Isay I do not want all the days I have left to be like this. I know God must have spared me because He was not done with me yet. I want to be able to serve Him and reach out to others, but right now it feels as if I can't even take care of myself. I did by the Grace of God manage to quit smoking a month ago, Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And by Gods Grace I will find a way to handle these disease I have been delt in life. I will warn you now I have memory issues due to anoxic brain injury so if I repeat myself or forget your name I am sorry. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it *s* Congratualtions on your quits, One of the best things you can do for yourselves now. I pray Our Lord and Savior reaches down His mighty healing hand to all of our bodies and wipes away our illnesses and restores us to good health.

Mary

0 Kudos