cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jan86

E-Cig Users

Smoked cigs for about 50 years.  Last April I switched to the E-Cig.  I want to give them up now.  Anybody else out there on E-Cigs?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tamara7

Hi. This is my last day for cigs  as tomorrow is my quit date. I am using the E-Cigs and patch. I'm probably not much help as I'm not as far along as you are. Congrats on quitting after 50 years! I guess it's the hand to mouth thing that is keeping you from giving up the e-cig. Hope I can figure out how to follow up on your comments.

0 Kudos
Beth86

Yes, I'm using the e-cig, I've been quit for 55 days. I also use the gum. I try to only use the e-cig when my smoking family is around. That is the hardest. As of this coming Monday I'll be using the no nicotine cartridges. And then I am hoping to drop them all, and not buy any more. Does your brand have lower nicotine cartridges?  Hope by the end of April I'm not using anything and can say I'm nicotine free!  So I haven't really gotten hooked on them, but they do keep me from picking up a real cig when family is around. And anything is better than lighting up!! 

0 Kudos
mvoogd

Hi, I did not smoke this far for 9 days after 30 years of smoking. How ever I do use my e-cig and nicotine candies. Compared to smoking, using an e-cig really isnt that bad and it is a huge help to me this far. Consider that tobacco has 4000+ poisons in it and the e-cigs (some of those) can have up to 2 of those poisons. Getting rid at some point of the nicotine all together would ofcourse be the best thing to do but if that makes you grab a 'real' smoke then I dont think it would be worth it. I dont know when I get to the point to go all nicotine free but I honestly it would be worth a try when you are ready for it and remember, you always can go grab your e-cig instead of buying a pack. I wish you the best of luck. 🙂

0 Kudos