cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Samanthadoom

During your quit, do you find yourself doing spontaneous things?

I ask because yesterday I randomly decided I was going to learn how to poach an egg. Hahaha. For reals! I literally was driving home from work wanting to cave on nicotine and then thought....I wonder how hard it is to poach an egg? I have never tried this. I am gonna look this up online when I get home and do it. Random random random. But it makes me laugh. Hope it makes you laugh too. Can you relate? In a different example of learning or doing something totally out of the blue during your quit? 

This has not been an easy quit for me at all. I have caved twice and bought a new ecig just to think how totally ridiculous it is that i did that to throw it out and start again. It’s only Wednesday. That’s the ecigs I have bought and thrown away for one puff. That cost me a lot a lot a lot of money. These are not inexpensive mistakes. I have to stay quit this week and I have to make it. I appreciate all of you and I sure hope my next post is me saying I made it more then 72 hours and on my way to over it. 

12 Replies
Giulia

Next onto an omelet????  Then a crepe suzette!

Yes, I found my brain was totally on fire with craving energy.  And I was much more spontaneous.  I would DO ANYTHING! to stop thinking about the damn cigarettes!  It can become a very creative part of your journey if you choose to head in that direction.  And I say GO FOR IT.

lqsi12

On a similar topic of being  ridiculous,  I recall a billboard while driving through Chicago. It contained a picture of  3 animals, a duck, a deer, a zebra, and a fish.  They all had a cigarette in their mouth,  with a caption below that read I believe,     “ do you see how stupid this looks “ 

jonimarie

We all bought the pack of cigarettes or Juul and threw them in the garbage or what ever

Repeated this vicious cycle over and over

Than one day .......you get it

You get sick and tired of being sick and tired

YoungAtHeart has some MUST readings, they will help you "get it" and see this as an addiction

Glad you are here

Belief in yourself and attitude are the biggest crave busters