cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Angie_machado

Double Digits Baby!

Well, well, well, here I am already at day 10 wow!  I can honestly say the time has passed pretty quickly except for a few days.  Each day I feel stronger and stronger with my commitment.  I figured out that my hubby and I have saved $300 this WEEK, by quitting smoking.  You have to take in account that I have spent money on Nicotine patches, sugarless gum, Jolly Ranchers, and my RX for Chantix and Wellbutrin.  But still, that's some serious dough we've saved.  Planning on saving for Hawaiian vacation...oh yeah!  We went to NYC, Atlantic City, and Washington DC last September for two weeks, but we didn't have a great time.  Why?  Because we smoked.  The 5 1\2 hour flight was awful without my trusty cigs.  We had to stay in Queen's because that was the closest place I could find with a balcony... for smoking.  We were so winded everytime we went somewhere...due to our smoking.  Couldn't watch the sunset on a rooftop bar because...you guessed it... No smoking allowed.  Harbor Cruise around Statue of Liberty nope.... no smoking on the boat.  We said to each other on our flight home...... We will never again go on vacation being a smoker!  What a hassle!  So the planning begins........

Tags (1)
18 Replies
constanceclum

Congratulations on double digits. That is HUGE!!! And you are so right. Traveling is not fun for smokers.

Connie

Angie_machado

Yup never again!

0 Kudos
elvan

Angie_machado  Happy, happy, happy for you, you have NO IDEA how happy I am that you are making this.  You are a winner!

XOXO,

Ellen

Angie_machado

I'm happy too!  So happy!  Hubby is cranky but he just put a patch on so I'm starting to see the guy I married not that Nico monster!

Giulia

You are kicking butt!!!!  Kudos on the 10.

Angie_machado

Thanks that means a lot to me!  Keep on keeping on!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Way to go!  So glad that your quit, though work, is a good journey for you. Amen to that! Travel story a hoot!

Angie_machado

We planned and saved for that trip for a year, and it just wasn't very fun.  Besides we ran out of cigarettes there and had to pay $15 a pack.  I wish we had quit a month before and went to the gym.  I was so winded walking up and down all the stairs on the subway trains.  Let alone walking from subway to see all the attractions.  Boy, were we dumb!  So much wiser now!  Six days in NYC and we couldn't even make it to Times Square.

Strudel

Congrats to you and your husband! Great idea for the vacation to save for! Perfect! I remember my first flight after I quit - I was amazed - I wasn't "nervous" at all! Turns out all of those nerves were due to withdrawal! Traveling is so wonderful now! 

Congrats again! Keep on saving!