cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Don't write here...go straight to the Blogs (top of page, next to groups). We all hang out at the Blogs 24/7 and we're waiting for you!

No one comments if you write here, we're all at the Blogs, so please join us at the Blogs!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
niece3

I just went through the worst 6 months of my life watching my father pass away slowly from cancer . the last 2 weeks were devestating. i promised him i would quit and i mean to keep my word. smoking had started to make sick and i saw where it was going.    this time is different. i need to stop and want to quit.

0 Kudos
ucandoit3

I have just joined and I truly want to quit.  I am taking Chantix and have been for the past two months.  I really do not have the urge to smoke, but I keep on doing it.  I do not know what the problem is.  I guess its that I don't have anyone for support.  I am also set to have a total hip replacement done on Sept 8th. and I am highly stressed about that, and have been pondering canceling it.  Wish me luck.

0 Kudos
psjgggoff

Hello Im new here I quit 2 days ago and messed up today I will be starting the patch again tomorrow

0 Kudos
ttori2010

Hello everyone I a,m officially new to this as of today! And no I haven't quit  yet but I desperately want to my only daughter haqs origiving me and altimatum that I quit  or I will not be able to see my first grandbaby. So I need help!!!!!    Tori

0 Kudos
cruisingmary

Hi I have had 5 unsuccessful quits and I quit quitting but I am so scared I am going to die very soon I had chest xray everything is ok there for now but I don't want to die early I'm 49....30 yr smoker about 2 ppd.  I'm scared to fail at quitting again because the last time I failed I ended up at the psych unit my depression got much worse.  I have to make this my final attempt, my final quit, or I am certain I will speed the process by smoking more, and getting more depressed, then another suicide attempt.  I cry every time I think about quitting.  I have a lot of outside stressors; money, my mother 1000 miles away dying from dementia, Feb. 09 I had a respiratory arrest because I was very sick from a bile leak after my gall bladder came out and I was in multisystem organ failure and septic so I have PTSD also.  I am also a type 2 diabetic; no meds tho, controlled by diet.

Even though my oxygen level is 96-98 and I do not have emphysema yet this will take it's toll on me sooner than later.  It's getting harder to breathe.

I'm so scared.  I tried another "quit line" and it didn't work for me.  I am looking for a fresh start here. 

Thanks for listening.

0 Kudos