cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

Don't Wait

~~Every moment matters.~~  Unknown

I learned that the hard way.  We often do.  But ask someone who has just been told "There's nothing more we can do".  Ask someone who just suffered a loss.  Ask someone who is in pain.

Don't wait.  Don't wait for bad news before you decide it's time to quit.  Don't wait for the 'right time'...for the diagnosis...for the loss of breath...before you understand the importance of quitting.

And once you quit, don't wait to celebrate.  Don't wait for entrance into the 'triple digit club'.  Don't wait until you know your quit is solid.  Don't wait for someone to acknowledge it.  Celebrate.

Celebrate that first day!  You will never have to go through day 1 again.

Celebrate that second day!  You are on your way to a lifetime of smoke free living.

Celebrate hell week being over, celebrate double digits, celebrate when you remember you quit smoking no matter how long it's been.

Why? 

Because every moment matters.  Every positive step you take towards living your best life possible counts.  Every good thing you do for yourself is important.  Because you matter.  Because you deserve to live your best life possible.  And because you are important.

You may not have the money to take yourself on that cruise.  You may not be able to buy yourself something pretty.  But you can take an extra five minutes in bed tomorrow morning.  You can add a little French vanilla into your coffee.  You can eat that cupcake sprinkled with sparkling candies.  You can read that book you've always been meaning to get to.  You can paint your nails or swing on that hammock or climb that tree.

Every moment matters.  Enjoy them.  Celebrate you.  And remember that every moment you are smoke free, you are giving yourself that unreplaceable gift of life.  Celebrate that, my  friends  

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Believe it or not, I do!  I sometimes even surprise myself with the thought, "I quit smoking!  WOW!"  I so didn't believe I could do it that I never before this time, even TRIED.

It is something to celebrate EVERY day!

Great blog, Sheri!

Nancy

elvan

Great blog, Sheri and there is no RIGHT time to celebrate...quitting should be celebrated every day.  My son quit just over 60 hours ago...yes, HOURS, we are celebrating HOURS.  I am so happy for him and his wife and son.  He has used all of the becomeanex.org advice but has not been here...yet.  

Ellen

MarilynH

Thank you Sweet Sheri, YAY and YAY again for Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON because life just keeps getting better without the crutch of cigarettes.....

f8f796ce2201746c5c6d7dc49c83b9dd.jpg

Sandy-9-17-17

Man Sheri, you are good!  I love this blog I think it's my favorite so far!  But I do enjoy all of your blogs!  Glad you came back to be more visible!  You're looking good! 

I love to celebrate every day, but I'm starting to not even think about ever having been a smoker!  

SimplySheri

You are a boost to my ego, Sandy   Thanks so much for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoy my blogs!  Even more happy that you are not even thinking about having ever been a smoker!!  You are so rocking your quit  

JACKIE1-25-15

Christine13

your blogs are like "GOLD" Sheri, so much experience, so much insight.  I am keeping busy, here today, giving it up to God.  I finally had about four days of rest, and that has brought back a much better attitude, and an I can do!!

I built a wall when I quit yesterday, I will not go back to smoking again.  I think I've finally hit that aha moment,

and things are starting to sink in with me.  Smoking is completely off the table no matter what happens in my life.

Yesterday was the anniversary of my husband Brian's death, going on 8 months now.............the wall is there for him, no more past grievances, I can do it, even going through this pain.  I've grown and I'm strong!!  sending Love, you always hit the nail on the head for me.

Anite

Thanks for the celebration idea.  I will celebrate from today my 18th day smoke free and henceforth until the devil has lost the grip on my health.

SimplySheri

Yes!!  Congratulations on your successful, beautiful smoke free days   congratulations.jpg