cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tsaddik1

Does the Community include people who have already quit successfully ?

Jump to solution

Curious about the makeup of the Community. Is Community composed only of people trying to quit or are there also people who have quit successfully using this program?

36 Replies
Maki

This is a great place to quit . 

I will be quit nine years in June . I came to this site just a couple months ago . At first the site overwhelmed me ( I don't do well with computers or brain overload lol ) but as I've settled in I can tell you there are so many neat things and helpful incentives to help you quit , they are fun and encouraging. Not only that , the people here are amazing , I mean amazing , and they've been so welcoming and so helpful to everyone . You couldn't be in better hands and so glad you've come to join. 

It is so helpful to have people in various stages of quits . I remember starting I kind of felt intimidated and just wanted to follow those like me , but in reality they were all like me . Everyone starts with Day 1 . Those that went before me were my eyes , those behind I kept my eye out for  like a big sister and tried to encourage , just as others did me . We all just walk this journey together . Both sites I contribute to their help , their support , and their kindness for my continued journey to a forever quit . 

So glad you are here . Welcome to ex community and becoming an ex smoker . 

Tsaddik1

Thanks, Maki! I know what you mean by feeling overwhelmed and having "brain overload." Quit date is 3/8/20. Have a lot to learn about this site before then. The community here is wonderful!

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

797 Days of Freedom and I come here every single morning.

Tsaddik1

Thanks AnnetteMM. 

0 Kudos
Tsaddik1

Thanks, Dale!

0 Kudos
Jeanmarc19561

This site is all inclusive, a wonderful place to be, and filled with super supportive people. If your planning to quit, are in the process of quitting, or have quit this is for you. I also want to add that if a slip occurs there is no condemnation but rather a hand out to pick you up and help you get back on track. We're rooting for you! As someone said to me some time ago, "stick close, we're here for you." John

alissastump

I think your question is already answered,  although I still want to say welcome and congrats on your decision.  We are here to help anytime you may need it!