cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

novanumone

Does it go away?

My name is Cindy, I quit smoking 11 weeks ago and all I think about is smoking. Does it ever go away?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mat3372

It has been 26 days for me and I hope for the same thing. I just want to feel normal without smoking. 11 weeks congrats on that by the way! It has to get easier at some point in time 😉 hang in their!!

0 Kudos
aries2

I'm day 38 (Quit date June 20th). Go over your triggers and use nicotine gum or lozenges or Chantix if needed. Yoga has helped me alot. I have breathing problems and coughing at  night from my chronic bronchitis. I can't smoke anything or be around smoke now. Yes, I get urges - but I use my nicotine gum.

0 Kudos

Yes it does.  You just have to keep working at it.  What did you do to make it to 11 weeks?  Keep doing it.  I know its hard.  I am going through NML myself (71 days).  However there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that light represents freedom for me.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
kfelix1

I think about how long it took me to get used to smoking and living my life around it so I imagine your living as you were meant to years ago, its about fining yourself getting and keeping your mind right. I think of the smell and taste and the fact if I wanted one, it will do me no good and the healing process my body has just begun will be messed up and that is more suffering on my part and it would feel at my expense so why torture myself 😉

0 Kudos
kfelix1

I have to add I been using an electroic cigarette to help with some of this long time heavy habit of mine, I started in my pre teens, I am now 33.

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

WELCOME!!!   We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos
kencman

Hello, I'm at day 51-52 and my biggest obstical at this point is RAGE and I don't like it but after all the reading here and elsewhere its normal and something I will have to deal with for now and I will happily do so. I wish all here sucess and happiness with your new life,

Ken

0 Kudos
batmom

Wow, you are all way ahead of me, that is for sure!  Here I am, at 66 yrs old, and I just quit 3 days ago!  I know it is going to be a long hard road, I have gone through it before, and never stuck with it.  So I am really determined this time, and I hope all of you have good luck, and hang in there, like I hope to do.  A doctor told me once, the nicotine is out of our system in 7 days, it is the habit  that hangs on for so long.  It is and was, a nasty habit, and I am so looking forward to not having the stink in my house, and not having the ashes and mess all over my desk.  Congrats to all of you who have done so well, and are keeping up the good fight!  I am taking baby steps to get there.

0 Kudos
batmom

Good morning, 9-28-13, and 25 days down with no smoking.  It is getting much better for me, and I am really quite surprised  about that.  I  don't even seem to need the nicotine lozenges anymore, but just once in a while.  They did help me a lot, and I do still pop them in my mouth, if I have a craving.  But I have only done that twice this last week, so I think that is pretty good.  I try to think of all the good things in my life, and the freedom it  gives me to not be a slave to smoking.  I wish all of you lots of good luck, and can only say you have to really want to be rid of all the nasty ashes and odors and smell of your clothes,  car, and house, when  you smoke.  I was and am sick to death of all that, and I think that has really helped me to quit.  Many of my long time friends are smokers though, so it is going to have an impact on my life.  I live alone, and that has helped, and I do not go where there are smokers.  I will, eventually, but not now, not yet.  Hang in there guys, it is going to be well worth it!

0 Kudos