cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BabyD18

Does Vaping help with not wanting a cigarette?

Does anyone here Vape? And how much does it help with not wanting a cigarette?

Labels (1)
66 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Intervention claimed to be a professional quit smoking counselor.

intervention

Since you asked....

Yes, I am still successfully not smoking thru the use of vaping. My lungs, doctors and pocketbook are all happy.

Yes, I am a certified addictions counselor and I help people quit smoking. I use all evidence-based tools, including vaping.

No, I do not sell any vaping products. I do collect donations of vaping products and distribute them at no cost to smokers who choose to use them, mostly patients in addiction treatment centers. I don't get paid for this...just my way of giving back the miracle I was given.

I can appreciate your belief that it would be irresponsible for you to recommend vaping. I hope you can appreciate that my professional Code of Ethics requires that I offer it as an alternative to people who can't quit smoking using other methods. I could be disciplined for an ethics violation if I didn't present it as a tool, just as if I didn't tell a heroin addict about methadone.

BTW, there is just as much evidence showing that vaping helps prevent COVID as there is that says it increases your risk. After all, e-liquid contains propylene glycol, which is used to disinfect air in hospitals. The truth is we don't know either way. What we do know for sure is that smoking kills, and vaping as an alternative reduces the risk by at least 95%. Of course 100% would be better, but as Voltaire said, perfection is the enemy of the good.

Giulia

" After all, e-liquid contains propylene glycol, which is used to disinfect air in hospitals."   Hmmm.  Isn't that kind of like saying "after all, cigarettes contain ammonia, which is used for purifying water supplies."  ?

"there is just as much evidence showing that vaping helps prevent COVID as there is that says it increases your risk."  Would love to see 4 or 5 of those scientific evidence articles, if you have links.  

intervention

My point is that there is no science proving it either way. Sorry if it wasn't clear. 

Barbscloud

I'm certainly not promoting vaping, but there are quitters on this site that did use vaping to quit smoking. 

intervention

Interesting approach our English friends are using to help people quit smoking: https://twitter.com/smokefreeNN1 

It's a novel idea. You can remain a nicotine addict the rest of your life, yet, continue to ruin your teeth and gums simply by changing the delivery device.

intervention

Hmmm....the N95 mask I wear and "changing the delivery device" both reduce the harm by at least 95%.. I can live with the odds.

You haven't responded to the damage to the teeth and gums FROM NICOTINE. An e-cig DOES NOTHING TO REDUCE THAT DAMAGE..

NICOTINE REDUCES BLOOD FLOW TO THE TEETH AND GUMS WHETHER YOU SMOKE OR VAPE.

E-Cigarettes: Is Vaping Bad for Your Teeth? | Delta Dental Of Washington