cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Do you remember smoking on a plane?

I do.They didn't start restricting smoking on planes in any way until 1988 when they disallowed it on flights less than 2 hours.

Inflight smoking - Wikipedia 

17 Replies
elvan

I do remember when passengers were allowed to smoke on planes but I really did not like being inside of that box with people smoking so I did not smoke...granted, I did not do a lot of flying but I NEVER liked smoking in small spaces and I certainly never liked being stuck in a plane with smokers..How odd.  

Posamari

Yes I do remember smoking on planes. Heck, my high school had a smoking section for students! 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Oh yes I do remember. I recall the smoking sections though. They were the last few rows at the back of the cabin. Im so glad they don't do it anymore. I also recall the glass smoking rooms in the airports. All you could see from the outside looking in was a huge cloud inside. Gratefully, I never entered those rooms, but I would rush outsdei baggage claim to smoke one or two real quick as I awaited luggage to be sent to the carousel

minihorses

I remember the glass smoking rooms and going outside of the baggage claim for a smoke. What slavery did to us is crazy yet we signed up for it on the bottom line!

Bree19

Which again makes me wonder when we'll see Skygirl again?

Anyone hear from her?

Bree19

SkyGirl

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Yes, SkyGirl, where are you ??????????? Your missed!

swilson2

I think you could smoke about anyplace except church the men would go outside too smoke on the church steps.

0 Kudos