cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Do you have the tools?

If you are going to work you have to have the correct tools to get the job done. You must take your quit SERIOUSLY in order to do the work required. It is a JOB. You cannot talk the talk and not walk the walk.

The very first tool that I suggest to quit smoking is EDUCATION.  It is the key element to a successful quit. READ the suggested material it is beneficial. Do It.!.  You are in school to learn so your baby quit can grow.

Sometimes you have to go to the PLACE of EMPLOYMENT to do the work. You should come to this site on a regular basis to read, blog, learn and question and make friends while you are here.  A job can be done a lot easier and more productive if performed by a TEAM, the ExCommunity.  EX is one of the greatest resources I know of to help support you while/to/before/during/after quit smoking.   The elders and team members are here to support you with experience and care.   

A major tool not to forget is TIME, It is a requirement and it takes a lot of it.  Are you willing to “punch the clock” and take the time required?  It is not an overnight event it is a journey.   You have to give your quit the time it needs to grow.  

While picking up more your tools on the way don’t forget FORGIVENESS. You will need it in order to move forward  Forgive yourself for smoking for so long and move forward to a marvelous quit. You must put some HONESTY in the tool belt. To thine own self be true. You have to debunk the falsehoods, lies, brainwashing, illusions that smoking and nicotine addiction has created.  You have to learn and relearn the TRUTH.

It will take FORTITUDE from your inner most being like you have never done before, not to give up.  I call it “ride or die”’ "by any means necessary" attitude that no matter what goes on in your life you will not use it as an excuse to a take not one puff ever. NOPE  You may have to grab some SELF TALK and take CONTROL and not allow the addictive thinking to overrule your quit.  If you don't give up and don't give in each step of the way you will gain POWER and STRENGTH that you never knew existed. Embrace it with the most powerful tool to LOVE YOURSELF more and more each day and not smoke because Smoking Is No longer An Option. SINAO

400 DOF

Amen

Tags (1)
5 Replies
TerrieQuit

Great blog, Jackie! You inspire me! Yes the tools are very important. When I first quit I thought they were only needed early in your quit! Was I ever wrong, I use my quit tools all the time! BTW congratulations on 400 days!!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

mauijewel

Thanks Jackie! I do need to forgive myself for smoking. I feel like the time I spent 40 years of smoking was a total destructive waste. So I'm working on that thought of when you know better you do better. I know now that it wasn't just a choice, the addictive properties in nicotene caused my behavior. It is a powerful drug that ought ta be against the law. I'm trying to forgive myself for throwing money down the toilet along with my good health. Im trying to forgive myself for not being in the moment and  totally present all those years because I was always thinking about my addiction first before anything. My family understands but it dosn't make it right. I pray that I stay quit and present in the moment. I'm super grateful for all the Exers support I recieve! XXX000

0 Kudos
froguelady

You gave great information, everything needed for a forever quit. If not for EX and education receive here I wouldn't have quit.

Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Thank you Jackie for your wonderful inspiring blog and congratulations on your awesome 400 precious smoke free days and counting WTG my friend and fellow Exer. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

0 Kudos
NewMe

Jackie, I do believe becoming an Elder is doing wonders for your inspiration to write some spectacular blogs lately. This is a great one, with lots of truth telling for both the newbies, and some great reminders for those a bit further on the journey. Great blog, and a big shout out for your Awesome 400 DOF!

0 Kudos