cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mpnaegle

Dizziness?

Hi, has anyone experienced dizziness with quitting?  It's been on and off all day for me today.  I'm thinking it might be from the patch?  Hopefully it passes.  I don't know if I'd be able to handle feeling like this every day...

0 Kudos
13 Replies

I don't think anyone can tell you that.

Have you checked your blood pressure?

0 Kudos

Low blood pressure can cause that dizziness. It happened to me when a heart doctor prescribed a bp medication, not knowing two other medications were doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I've had dizzy spells from time to time--during my life time--as a smoker and as a quitter. Nothing that did not pass soon enough--a day or two. The body does get out of whack. It could very well be the patch (did you do the math on the dosage?). 

" I don't know if I'd be able to handle feeling like this every day..." It's very important not to project what your future is going to be like forever when you don't feel well--fear is not your friend. For one thing, go to a doc if the symptoms persist. 

Thanks for posting your concerns. Keep those smober days coming.

mpnaegle

Yes, you're right about not projecting that into the future.  Thankfully I'm not dizzy today, and the fatigue and crankiness I was battling yesterday are gone as well.  I guess my body will feel out of whack from time to time now as it gets used to not ingesting poisons.  I actually feel really, really good today.    Thank you for encouraging me and cheering me on!!!!!