cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JaneCrochets

Disabled

Anyone else get disabled?   Some if the things to do, I can't  I am trying to come up with a can do list.  Also, my brain thinks smoking helps with my pain.  I know realistically it can make it worse.   Could use a buddy who may have a similar situation

Tags (1)
26 Replies
JaneCrochets

Ellen

No. My husband doesn't smoke. I have set a quit date for one month out. I am practicing delaying and reading the info provided.

Smoking here would be about $8 a pack. I smoke a pack a day. However, I buy the loose tabacco n tubes and that way spend about $40-50 a month.

Not sure if the picture will come thru but I will try attaching picture of my dress.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
elvan

No, darn it...no picture of the dress. 

Practicing delaying is a good idea and doing the reading is absolutely essential.  You can do this and if you have any questions, please let us know.  We really want to help you and support you.

I have to work tomorrow but will check in before and after work.  I work one or two shifts a week for my son and daughter in law...just running the register in their cafe.  It gets me out with people, something that I really need.

Have a good evening.

Ellen

0 Kudos
JaneCrochets

I am trying to get the hang of sewing

As for the wheelchair, the beginning was a but rough.  But after awhile, I realized it was a blessing.  My children were teenagers as we're active , it gave me the ability to go to their competitions and events   it also gave me the ability to attend family functions.   Once your outlook sees it as a positive, it becomes much easier

Giulia

The "things to do instead of smoke" list isn't a static list.  You can add onto it whatever YOU find to DO instead of smoke.  Every contribution makes the list that much more valuable. Part of this journey is finding our own special techniques to combat this addiction.  Welcome to the club!

JaneCrochets

Yes.  I definitely realize that.  As anything exercise or mobility related us almost out of the question for me.   

Thanks

0 Kudos

Exercises for Those with Limited Mobility 

I'm not sure of what you can do physically but working with a OT or PT may help you find ways to stay active. I have known paraplegics with workout programs. Don't give up!

We believe in you! We're here with you! You are not alone! I am blessed with activity but I have multiple upper respiratory and mental disabilities. Every day I find ways to do what I can rather than live in I can't! There are many things you can, too! You are here and that is a GIANT Step! It makes my heart leap with JOY!

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Hi Jane You have a lot of info above so I just wanted to let you know how welcome you are on EX ! I  am not in a W/C and I can walk but I have been suffering back pain for more than 20 years now  

smoking definitely does not help the pain go away for me movement helps ( except for lifting !)         

sayings welcome with a pot of flowers.gif

0 Kudos