cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gregp136

Different quit, different feelings.

One complete day of freedom, and I am working on day two.  As expected, each time I quit, everything is unexpected.  This time I feel all gross and ugly inside.  The medium to small urges are close to continual. I actually slept pretty good, which was a plus.

So, as much as I am a joyful person, and would love to play on the playground with all of you, it is just not in me at this moment.  I am not leaving, and I am certainly not smoking, but I will be more quiet, since no one needs me yelling at the kids in the sand box for playing with their Tonka Trucks wrong.

15 Replies
Mandolinrain

Isn't it a great feeling when you can come to this site and just be loved for who you are and where your at with your quit? Rest Greg. Come out and hang out on the playground when your up to it. I see this as progress for you. YOU taking care of YOU for a change. You needed this. I'm very glad your back and putting yourself first for a change. Your quit will succeed this time.

I see it and am believing it for you my friend  You sure have all our support as you can see from above. I'm gonna go now and play on the jungle gym with Giulia.:) So good to have you back with us again

Pops

Hi gregp136‌, I did the same thing...rest is a good thing in the beginning....just make sure it doesn't turn into isolation though.  Remember, we are just alike, in that we are all addicts, or ex addicts if you will.  We've been there, done that...heck some of us are still there....we "can relate" so take full advantage of that support.  Shoot me out a pm anytime you feel the need.  I'm rocking 45 days today and am feeling pretty solid about it.  WE can do this!!!!

Pops

maryfreecig

For me--quit Oct 4, 2013--it is still one day at a time and it is all about smobriety.  I can stay away from a cigarette pretty easy now ( I don't take that for granted though--eternal vigilance) but as a former smoker I'm still growing my smobriety.

Strudel

Congrats on day 2! Do what works for you...I laid low for the first several days. As long as you know to come here about any problems - which I know you do - you will be fine. Congrats again! 

Sandy-9-17-17

I think most people do lay low in the beginning...I think nicotine is a stimulant so not getting it makes you want to lay around....better to be sleeping than smoking! You got this Greg!

Christine13

So good to "see" you Greg!  You and I will be taking it one day at a time.  When you're ready I'm sure you'll meet us all at the playground.