cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

Devine Intervention

I got a great comment from a new member this morning and she said this: "Maybe for me the biggest hurdle to get over was realizing there was never going to be an easy time. Devine intervention was not going to happen. You know, the morning we all wait to wake up, and we just do not want to smoke any longer!!!" How very true. This one thing I believe is the main thing that keeps us from jumping in there and starting our quit. We come up with every excuse under the sun why we can't quit. There are no excuses. None. Then there's the one where people set their quit date for the next millenium.....it's fear. Do it ASAP. You may be dead before hell freezes over. All of us who have tried to quit have gone through the withdrawals and the nerve-racking feelings of being uncomfortable. I'm glad that quitting is hard. It has made me stay quit. I don't want to go through the withdrawals again.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sharon5

Hi Chris, Thank you for your encouragement and your kind words. I must say with all honesty that I have talked to my husband to great lengths about quitting, as a matter of fact at one point we were supposed to quit together and he backed out said he doesn't want to quit, I have tried to talk to him about how hard it would be if he continued and I quit, but he says he doesn't want to quit and thats final, thats okay though, it's his choice, and I have made mine, right now I am seperating myself from the sickerettes {I like that word}. No longer am I carrying them around like my best friend. I am learning all the triggers and trying to deal with that as well. Thanks for your support and commitment to seeing me through this, I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. Take care and have a wonderful day!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
sharon5

No divine intervention huh, boy was I mislead, LOL., I am giving this my best effort and believe me when I say this is going to be rough, my husband is also a smoker and refuses to quit and also refuses to put away the ashtrays and such, so I definetly have my work cut out for me, I am not going to let his addiction to affect me though, I have made up my mind and it is something I need to do for myself, I know I will need the extra support of you wonderful people on here and I fully intend to take advantage of it. Sorry if that sounds terrible but I really need to. I know the hurdles are going to be high and I have a lot of climbing to do, I just don't want to go back down that slippery slope again. So here's to a successful climb.
0 Kudos
carole2

Morning everyone. And hi there Sharon and welcome. Sorry I have been AOL so long (the week) man my life has just been sooooooooooo nuts! Busy nuts. But great nuts lol. Still clean today. And Chris that is exactly how I started my quit.One trigger at a time. And I sstarted with my car. Then it was the computer. Then it was morning coffee and finally meals. After those biggies I knewI could do it one trigger at a time . Just don't beat yourself up you will do it and there is great support here.
0 Kudos