cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sarahmortimer

Desperate Q- I smoke juul in my sleep, please help

Help!! I got a sleep app- I wake up every 1-2 hours to take 2 puffs of my juul. This is scaring the pants off me. I’m desperate to stop and I truly don’t know how. Please answer, if anyone has gone through this or has any tips.. I’ll try anything

20 Replies
sarahmortimer

Hi!!!

i should’ve really been more clear that’s on me

i wake up on my own and when I wake up I puff the juul- I cannot tell if I am waking up because I’m just waking up or bc I need the juul

the app only indicated to me that I’m getting up every 1-2 hours the whole night

im for the most part awake and I believe it is a decision to hit the juul but a decision I feel little to no control over 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

sarahmortimer‌ Thanks for clarifying!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I used Juul for awhile and I can verify it's a tough one to quit, but not impossible. One of the tough things is how it's so easy. One or two puffs in the night? Yeah, I can see that. It's not like lighting up a cigarette and staying up to smoke the whole thing. So you really do have to get rid of all the "stuff" like batteries and chargers and pods.

There's actually a lot of posts about that very thing on the site, so I'd also recommend searching for those. 

Maki

Thanks for giving a bit more clarity sarahmortimer. It helped to understand the situation a bit better for me anyway . We are glad you are here and as I mentioned I know nothing about vaping but we are all here to help each other . You can do this . 

0 Kudos
sarahmortimer

So, very disappointed with myself

i bumped down to the 3mg juul from 5 mg yesterday and I used my juul less than half of what I usually would during the day. Decent control for day one

at night? Another story. I put my juul in the other room but I’m realizing my bf is actually waking me up at 12,2,4 and at those times my brain pops up and says yes have a puff or two of juul

i folded last night and used it 3 times

i hate myself and I’m scared I’ll never do it

i switch to the patch tomorrow for good... I am thinking the first few nights I may try it on? Not sure... all I know is I need to stop smoking altogether but especially this night thing has totally freaked me out

Barbscloud

Did you try doing anything else when you wake up?  How about a meditation video on YouTube.  There are one's by Jason Stephenson just to help you sleep.  

I would try the patch at night.  It does give some people intense dreams, but it may not effect you that way.  

Don't give up--you can do this.

Barb

sarahmortimer

Thank you,

I am wildly disappointed in myself.

(Today SAT) My new plan... I may use the 3mg Juul (down from 5 mg) 5 times only throughout the day for 3 puffs...

This will make me more aware because I used to just puff all day all long

(SAT) At night I will wear the patch.. put water next to bed.. my nightmares are always whacked so I doubt this will be any worse lol

(SUN) In the morning I will make myself wait an hour and half before I even reach for the Juul... this will be my last day of using 3mg Juul..

SUN NIGHT: I wash the juuls and batteries, put on my patch for the night

MONDAY! Patches from here out... 

Idk... I am trying to find something that will realistically work for me.

I have been chewing on A LOT of straws

Barbscloud

I used some aids, but also cut down from smoking for a week before my quit.  It worked for me because I adhered to a strict schedule.  I think the key is to definitely discard all juul paraphernalia so you're not tempted. 

Have a plan for Sunday morning. What will you do instead?  Go for a walk if you can--it really helps to keep moving.

I also chewed the heck out of some straws. 

This is not easy.  Just get through the first day and you'll be on your way.  Think positive!

Barb

Barbscloud

sarahmortimer  Thinking about you.  How is it going this morning?

Barb

0 Kudos
indingrl

0 Kudos