Give and get support around quitting

michael26

December Quitters

Hi! My quit date is Dec 1st. So any advice is welcome
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
407 Replies
lorri

Keeping busy (distracted) as much as possibe seems to help. Cleaned my car threw away the ashtray, sprayed it up with Febreeze! Washing my coat etc. My son is having open-heart surgery next week and I won't be smoking. I want to be with him not running for a smoke.
0 Kudos
lorri

Hey Katie hang in there it's hard no doubt about it. Keep busy.
0 Kudos
marty

Im 34 hours now without a cigarette. It is probably the hardest thing I have ever done. I feel better today than I did yesterday, but I know that I still have some uphill battles to face. Probably some of them worse than yesterday's.....Thanks to everyone that is giving advise and support.....Keep it coming.....X
0 Kudos
lorri

Still smoke -free. I am soooooooo proud of myself.
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

I quit on the 1st and it's getting a bit easier every day... still have those cravings which I know will take time but I feel like this is going to be the time that sticks!!! Keep strong friends!!!!
0 Kudos
marty

Ok Guys.....My toughest challenge yet.....My daughter was just involved in a car accident (nothing serious, but nevertheless scarry) AND.....if that wasn't enough I am now at my second job (for the first time since I stopped smoking) which is a .....Ready for this......A Tobacco Store.........HELP
0 Kudos

Yesterday was my first day smoke free! I had cut down last week to 1+ a drag here and there but yesterday was the first real day! My roommate is a smoker so I actually took all her butts and put them in water so that I wasn't tempted to do the disgusting act of relighting a butt. It is time! Keeping busy tho.

Oh and someone mentioned something about crying. Yeah its happening to me too. So random. I rarely cry and now its just coming out.
0 Kudos

my december quit date if december 21st. in time for christmas. a great gift to my family for christmas. however, i wont take a pill to stop. i pray i can do it with GOD`s help.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Marty, Mrs X and Lorri, How are you gous doing. Today is day 32 for me. How did you guys quit? Did you use nicotine replacementt, med, cold trukey? I'm on chantix and it is working well for me.I really have had very few cravings. I think staying busy and drinking water is the key. Let me know how you guys are all doing. Cindy
0 Kudos
venus-beach

hi everyone iam new to this site this is day 2 and not feeling so good .but iam to hang in there does anyone have any tips
0 Kudos