Give and get support around quitting

michael26

December Quitters

Hi! My quit date is Dec 1st. So any advice is welcome
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
407 Replies
cornelia

Hello everyone! I've been waiting for this group to start, since I've set my quit date for the 12th of December quite a while ago. (I have my thesis defense on the 9th of December, and the diploma ceremony on the 11th, so i thought that postponing it until after these events will increase my chances of succeeding).
  It's nice to see there are so many of us planning to quit in December. For me, this comes as a relief; I'm sure it's going to be easier if I'm not alone.
  Nice to meet you all, and good luck with the final preparations.
  Cornelia
0 Kudos
angeleyes

So how is everyone doing getting ready for our Quit ? Me well I am just about ready to take the plunge again. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving
0 Kudos
kristen-zuzgo

Hi everyone I am new to the Ex community. My quit date is Dec 14th because my son wants me to quit for christmas.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Everyone, I quit 24 days ago and doing great. I usd chantix. Try to change yoru habits before you quit. I carry around a water bottle and drink yogurt in the morning. Keeps my hands busy. I get on the compurter when I get up in the morning. The morning cigarette was my favorite. I try to stay busy when I get up. We are here for you if you need us. Post often, Keeps your hands and mind busy. Good luck to everyone. Cindy
0 Kudos
kelly57

Hi to all
  My quit date is Dec. 9th. I have tried to quit before. My sons hate that I smoke they want me to be around for a long time. I will not give in this time. I have a big test on the 2nd of Dec. and then after that time to be smoke free forever. Best of luck to all. WE CAN DO IT! Kelly (aka Jo)
0 Kudos
crashtest

Hey y'all. I'm in the process of separating and this morning went pretty well. That's my worst time and I did several normally when I got up. Anyway, got up at 6:30, didn't do one, then back to bed and slept in. I've done a lot fewer today and am about to scooter over to my folks, so I'll not for a good while there (sort of closet smoker around them, my dad knows and probably my mom too, but she ignores it). Anyway, went out with some friends this morning to a mountain bike trail on Lake Grapevine (near Dallas) and took this photo. It came out pretty well, the clouds helped. Keep it up! I will too. Counting down and keeping in mind Dec. 8th.

PS. The emails when someone posts keeps the quiting and the separating on my radar so I don't just ignore it.

Ok, the photo attachement didn't work so here's the url if you're interested. It's vapor trails with shadows and the sun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75883192@N00/3063295989/sizes/l/in/photostream/
0 Kudos
stephanie21

Hi everyone. I have finally decided to quit smoking after 23 years of it. I can honestly say I am so tired of smoking. I am 36 years old and I have been smoking for way to long. What really made me decide to quit was the fact of what it has done to a good friend of mine. He is 43 and only has 30% lung capacity left. His doctor told him if he did not quit he would be dead soon. I don't want that to happen to me. It is really scary when you know someone that has serious health issues from smoking at a young age. I know it is going to be the hardest thing that I could do. I hope I will be able to do this. I know what my triggers are and have known it for years. I just don't know how to work around those triggers since I am home all the time taking care of my kids. I am gonna try the patch to see if that helps. Wish me luck cause I know I am gonna need it.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Everyone. You can all do this. Today is day 26 for me and feeling good. Post anytime you feel the urge. We are here for you. Cindy
0 Kudos
kelly57

hi cindy
  good luck i hope we are all smoke free next year.
0 Kudos
sarah10

Hello all--Picked the 15th as my quit date- doing the sep exercises now and hope this is helpful- I'm so excited and scared am going to give it all I've got! Wish me luck - strength in numbers right?
0 Kudos