Give and get support around quitting

michael26

December Quitters

Hi! My quit date is Dec 1st. So any advice is welcome
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
407 Replies
mikehvac1-2

Dec. 8th was my quit date. Today is my 23rd day smoke free. I thought I was different and would not be able to quit. Thanks everyone and have a great night

0 Kudos
lpears

I am on day 6 today! My quit date was 12-28-2013. My boyfriend and I quit together but were looking to expand our support group. 

Last night we both layed down in bed and looked at each other. In unison said, "You smell nice." We laughed. It was the first time in four years that we laid down together at the same time without smelling like cigarettes. 

I was also under the impression that I liked spicy food. On Day 4, I had hot sauce. I am not certain that spicy foods and I were not meant for one another. It's scary to think of all the damage we have caused to ourselves but we are relieved to know that the body can heal itself. 

Well wishes in the new year!

0 Kudos
daqueen-ofdat

Hi, My name is Eleanor and my quit date was Dec. 17th. 2013, My fiance smokes and it's hard at times, but as each day goes by the smell of cigarette smoke is awful. I am gonna hold on because my breathing is better and i can go up steps without so much hardbreathing when I reach the top. I AM USED TO SMOKING WAITING FOR THE BUS, ON THE COMPUTER, WATCHING T.V., AFTER EATING, AND WHILE IN THE BATHROOM.....Now sometimes it feels like I'm missing something...but I am using the patches and I'm doing ok so far.

0 Kudos
cathy107

hi,today is day 4 for me,im on champix and iy really helps take away the craving,you have to stay on them for a few months,but to me it will be worth it,im sick of smoking,we werent born to smoke,we were born to breathe fresh air not ugly tar,,i lost my mum to cigs,i really dont want to die like that,but i can only hope to stay smoke free one day at a time,for all we have is today,tomorrow is not always an option,,good luck to all

0 Kudos
kgalbreath

Hi everyone! I'd like to join your December group. My last cigarette was December 21 so i'm officially 16 days smoke-free!! I'm so proud of myself!! The first few days i just cold-turkeyed it but then I did get some patches and gum which helps me greatly. Day by day its getting easier and better 🙂 

0 Kudos
jmg213

Hello

December 12,2013 was my quit day after 25+ years smoking I feel awesome today 1/7/2014. I am determined to be EX Smoker.  The patch has helped and drinking a lot of water and pepperment life SAVERS 

0 Kudos
janiemoore

Well today after 3 cigarettes is my quit day. I refuse to let this take me down. I have been trying to quit since Dec. 31 with no luck. I guess my mind just has not been there but I got down to 6 a day, but I just smoked my last cigarette!!! I am going to do this.....this shit is not going to win me I"M GOING TO WIN IT. Have a great day. I'm going to.  Janie

0 Kudos
eldersara

Hi my name is Sara, my quit date was December 26th. I have quit several times before while pregnant but since my husband has always continued to smoke I went back after each one. This time we are quitting together to be a healthier family. This site has been a great source of support. I don't think I would have made it 15 days without it. Looking forward to getting to know more quitters.

0 Kudos
shirley-lyn

I quit 12/25/2013, it has been one heck of an experience.  I have tried to several times in the past.  I have been craving a cigarette really bad today???  Not sure why, tomorrow will be a good day.  I take Chantax.  I started taking that the first week of Dec.  My doctor wants me to take it for 6 months.  I really don't like some of the side effects so I don't believe I can do it.  I have a headache right now, this too shall pass.  But...breathing sooo much better! 

0 Kudos
jmg213

Good Morning

Today 1/20/2014 is my 39th smoke FREE ! i feel great and look foward to continued success.  I have smoked over 25+ years and never tried to quit before. The patch has helped greatly and drinking lots of water and life savers !  

0 Kudos