Give and get support around quitting

michael26

December Quitters

Hi! My quit date is Dec 1st. So any advice is welcome
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
407 Replies
annie5

Hi, I am Annie and I have been relapsing quite a bit too after a couple of days. One time I made it to 12 days. I feel like I can't do it now, but I am going to try. I would like to chat with everyone on here more. That would be great!
0 Kudos
doris_mccoy

well I know my quit date was Dec the 31, but as of now I am on my 2nd day of not smoking . and it sure feel good to take my life back from a dumb cig
0 Kudos
oopagurl

just moved...no job yet....partner in military and deployed until Feb. I HAVE to quit and it will be my gift to myself for Christmas.
0 Kudos
marty

Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had time and I have to share the computer with my daughter in the evenings. I have completed day 11 and am still hanging in there. I hope everyone is hanging strong and has a great weekend!!
0 Kudos
kevinb

Hi everyone,
  I tried quitting before and failed for the most part. I was able to quit smoking at work and only smoke at home now but that's not really my goal. I went to my Doctor and asked for Chantix so I hoping this may make the difference for me. I really hope I make it this time. My quit date is December 19. Wish me luck and I will be praying for the other December quitters and hope they can reach their goal of not smoking.
0 Kudos
doris_mccoy

Now that this is my 4th day, I just want to stay a non smoker this is something I have been praying for so long, At one point I had almost give up and said that there was just no way that I was going to make it. Yet when I gave up . And told God that I guess that was one thing I was going to get. Is when My doctor a very wise woman. Told me that she was going to put me on Budeprion To easy the stress that I was under , I said well that would be great she didn't tell me that is was going to answer a pray for me by makeing it where I could quit smoking. I tell you this has been the hardest thing that I have ever done . But I can say it is the best thing that I have ever done. So if you are just starting out remeber that it will be tough some days, it still will be for me some days yet that it is well worth it for it is LIFE and not SLOWLY KILLING YOURSELF.
0 Kudos
elledub22

Hi All,
  Tomorrow is my quit date, and though I am a little bit nervous, I think I am more excited. I have been telling friends and family for a week and a half, and almost moved my quit date up, so that I could just quit and get it over with. But, I actually want to give this a fighting chance. Besides health issues concerning smoking, the biggest reason I want to quit is because I am planning on putting all of the money I used to spend on cigarettes into savings, and taking a big celebratory trip! Well wish me luck for tomorrow and best of luck to all of you!
0 Kudos
bri2

hi everyone i just had my last one and i feel great. wish me luck
0 Kudos
brian18

wandered off there for a bit, but today is my one week of not smoking.
0 Kudos
jamie221981

My fiance and I quit 12/12. So far I have had 5 ciggs since then. It's at least an improvement, right? Today being the 16th? I'm unfortunately not using anyhelp so this site wont let me set a date yet! I guess I can see why. But at least I am trying. Come January I will have some patches, gum, all the above. I want to quit before my wedding in May. I need all the encouragment I can get! Thanks to all. Happy Holidays. Jamie
0 Kudos