Give and get support around quitting

michael26

December Quitters

Hi! My quit date is Dec 1st. So any advice is welcome
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
407 Replies
miss-vaun

My quit date is december 7.i am really looking forward to it. im sure after the 7 i wont be LOL. i feel like i can do this because im beccoming edjucated. I always used to set these stupid magic dates " halloween will be my last day" my birthday" all this dumb crap. but i finally decided to become serious for my personal health and growth. i am trying to play with the idea that smokes ARE NOT my identity.and i dont need to feel obligated to join the herd of sheep to go smoke when im out with groups of friends. i believe that i can do this because i need to keep the montra in my head " THIS IS SOMTHING YOU WANT, DONT LET THE SMOKE WANT YOU"
0 Kudos
goobie

Today is my Day One and I am going to make it a point to come here everyday. I am so tired of smoking but feel like I can't let it go. I am really going to stick to it this time!!!

Funny how once you don't have something you really want it. Here we go!!!!!
0 Kudos
bri2

I really don't know what's it going to take to be ready. i feel ready i just keep on having a relapse then i start smoking again. i think i just need to not think about it and keep myself busy. And also be more diligent with taking my gum.
0 Kudos
marty

Today is my quit date and I'm not doing so well. I just sit and cry. Is this normal?
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Goobie, Coming on the site is really important. It is nice to have all th support. I come on every morning with my coffee. We are here for you anytime. Today is 30 days for me. Cindy
0 Kudos
kelly57

well my quit date is coming soon. I find myself smoking a little more.I picked Dec. 9th as my quit date which happens to be my birthday. This way I have two great things to celebrate every year. Best wishes to all and best of luck.I know my new family of friends will keep me on track. kelly
0 Kudos
angie12

Hello everyone. My name is Angie and I took the pludge this morning. I have quit in the past for almost two years and gave it all up when I went out one night after my son was born. Here I am again and so far things are going ok. I am using the same patch I used in the past and it's working pretty well. I am sure I am going to be on this site a lot today looking for some encouragment : ) I hope everyone is doing ok today.
0 Kudos
kristen-zuzgo

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around lately getting through Turkey Day and now I am looking for a job, life has been kinda hectic and I totally got off track with tracking my smoking and identifying my triggers. Time to buckle down and do it because the 14th is coming quickly. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you all for your support.
0 Kudos
leigh

Hi all! I had put December 1 as my quit date but I lied...I went ahead and quit on T'giving day and haven't smoked since. Yesterday was tough but it's getting easier. Fortunately, the chantix is finally helping, too.
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

Hey fellow December quitters... my 1st day was yesterday and I'm on the patch... I feel like someone punched me in the arm but it feels like a friendly reminder that when there's no pain there's no gain lol... my "vivid dreams" were actually a fun side effect so looking forward to tonight haha.... well good luck all... we can do it!!!
0 Kudos