cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shemeakie25

Dec. 1st Quit Date!!!

Hello my name is Meka. Have been smoking 20yrs and I am 35. Shortness of breath has brought me to the realization that its time to quit. So far everything is ok as far as cigarette related problems. Shortness of breath is caused by another medical issue; however, cigarettes didnt cause it but it will sure make it worse. I know overall quitting will help my health. Im glad I got the prewarning on my health before the major problems hit. I will need lots of support so please help!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Congratulations on setting your quit date. I have set mine for Monday, the 25th. I smoked for over 30 years. After a few years of smoking I quit for about three months, but haven't been able to get 24 hours since then.

I have been reading things on this site and at 1800QUITNOW and have found them to be very comforting. Stick with it, be sure to read the forums, and ask fr the help you need.

We can do this!!!!

0 Kudos
shemeakie25

Hi Jen

My husband and I have also moved our quit date up to Monday the 25th so I gues we are having a go at this together. Be sure and post so we can keep in contact on this journey. Good luck on trying to quit as well. I will definitely need help and support. Good luck to you!!!!!

0 Kudos