cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

Day One - Take 3

Good morning all, here I go again. I am not getting down on myself for this being my third try, I am staying positive and getting this done!!! I hate the feeling of quitting hanging over my head so it is time to tackle this full force once and for all! I am 100% committed to this quit. I had 20 days in the first time around and relapsed. This time I am in it for life! I want to be around to see my kids have kids and to love on them all the time. I don't want to be a smoker anymore. I am taking back my life, it started last night at midnight when I broke my last two Marlboro Lights. I AM DONE!!! 

It is a beautiful, sunny, fall day here in Northwest Ohio. I am seriously considering leaving work early so I can feel the sun on my face and the cool breeze in my lungs. Thanks for all the support I get here, even when I fail.

Free Happy Sun Pictures, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on Clipart  Library Take 3 - Ritu RiyatPrimitives by Kathy Serenity Prayer Box Sign

19 Replies
Jen_819

Thank you! And I am staying away from that place haha!!!

DavesTime

Go, Jen, go!  Those Marlboro Lights that I used to smoke were my enemy, and maybe you can see them as yours, too!  Glad you destroyed those last two.  Focus on your goal: smoke-free, guilt-free, future-open-to-you living!  You got this!

elvan

I read Allen Carr's book after I had already quit.  I did find a couple of things that resonated with me but I certainly did not and do not think that quitting is easy under any circumstances.  That was not my experience.  I know many, many people found that book to be incredibly inspirational, I wish I had been one of them.  You can do this, honestly, I think the fact that you keep picking yourself up and starting again so quickly is admirable!  It WILL get easier if you give it time.

Ellen

Jen_819

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
tyndallgw

Jen819....don't want to be the downer here, but if you don't quit now, it may be another 15 yrs before you do.  In other words, do what ever you need to do, BUT DON'T PICK UP ANOTHER SMOKE!!  You and your family will thank you some day.

indingrl

Jen - WAY TO GO

I always tried to learn something from my relapses and I wrote it down. Made sure to document what was so hard so I could learn and build on it for the next quit. Unfortunately, I didn't get right back on it and smoked for another 2.5 years before trying again. So kudos to you for keeping on with the journey. 

LeftysLady

Jen,

Congratulations, take a deep clean breath and celebrate. 

Unlike you I did get a a lot out of Mr. Carr's book, but not what was excepted I am sure.  You see I got hope.  I received the right to give myself permission to do what many in my family could not, I quit smoking.  I was able to read the story of a man who walked away from a 5 pack a day habit.  Both my paternal grandparents, my parents, my maternal grandfather and his brother, 3 aunts and 2 uncles are all gone because of the smokes.  Some after quitting for years and some smoked with their oxygen tubes in their noses.  I have a brother with COPD that will not quit until I bury him.  So I never knew there was a complete way out.  Be an Ex is showing me daily.

I have given myself permission to celebrate every clean breath I take.  It's okay to laugh at the thought you want a smoke, but remember it is just that a thought.  If it gets to bad purse your lips like your going to put a cigarette to them and inhale slow and deep; fill your lungs fill up with-----AIR!!!!!  Then as you exhale open your lips into the biggest smile, roar with laughter, and feel all the things your not missing.

As I sit here writing this my smile is much bigger and a huge yawn just reminded me that my brain needed oxygen.  So post pictures of your kids everywhere,  Put them in your bill and credit card compartments of your wallet, so every time you open your wallet to pay for anything your reminded why your not paying for cigarettes.  

Celebrate, Celebrate dance to the music,  Celebrate, Celebrate, breath the good clean air, Celebrate, Celebrate you get to live free.

Hope Day Won leads to day 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Pam

11 DOF

Jen_819

I loved this!! I have conquered my Day One and have a Day WON!!!! Thank you for your encouragement! Hugs!

virgomama

What a great attitude.  You're determination to keep quitting will get you through this. Be sure to read information that helps getting through no man's land.  Because the first few months are full of surprises like your drive through.  You've got this!!!!