cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mykids

Day 9

I’m doing so good in not smoking. But now I know what makes me smoke and just get me to that point. Not sure what to do. It’s a person and not a thing. What should I do. 

16 Replies
mykids

Wow ok im going to try that tomorrow morning. 

elvan

I agree with YoungAtHeart‌, walk away if you can and don't allow this person to be your "Higher Power"...know too that it is okay to get angry...we used to stuff our feelings into cigarettes and we don't do that anymore.  Your quit is very young, if you can avoid conflict and confrontation, I would advise that, if not...accept that YOU have a right to FEEL!

Ellen

mykids

Thank you and y’all right. 

AnnetteMM

9728085f5d278604863125d689684efc.jpg

JACKIE1-25-15

I can't truly give you an honest answer.  How do you interact with this person?  Is it through work or living arrangements?  How often are you around them?  Is there a way you could avoid them?  Sometimes quitting causes us to change people places and things or at least evaluate the priority. Your quit is #1.  Hopefully, you have already gotten an answer. 

sweetplt

Ah...I have family that I always wanted to smoke after I saw them...I am learning they are toxic...my Quit/Health is number one...I am seeing less of them, and I am keeping any and all conversations short.  I found out ... smoking never helped...it was how I dealt with them...I am learning new and healthier ways.  You can do the same...~ Happy Saturday ~ Colleen

anaussiemom

Music and 109.gifMaybe?  Any kind of distraction...

mykids

Hugs.

Kim