cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hukijunlik

Day 9

Tonight will be 9 days of not smoking. The last couple days I've been craving even more than I did the few days before. Blehhh. Tonight I'm wondering if I'm going to stick with this, if it's worth it. I kind of thought it would be getting easier...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
desiree465

If you think your life is worth saving then yes it's worth it. It does get easier but there are ups and downs some days you feel strong others not so much that's what makes it so difficult.  You can do this and you know it's worth it. It's just that your addiction is trying to pull you back in and it is really good at doing that. 

0 Kudos
Hukijunlik

Thank you, Sara!

0 Kudos
Hukijunlik

So helpful, thank you!

0 Kudos
elvan

It is absolutely worth it...stay close to the site, READ about this addiction, it IS an addiction and recovery is a one day at a time journey.  I used the mantra NOPE, Not One Puff Ever over and over again when I quit and I have been here for over 4 1/2 years.  I still come here pretty much every day and read and take the Daily Pledge and reach out to others who are either just starting or who have been here for a very long time.  This journey is a GOOD one, it's got ups and downs just like life ALWAYS does.  

Ellen

0 Kudos