cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bushmangreg

Day 8-Trying to figure this site out

My name is Greg, and I am on day 8 of not smoking.  I am trying to figure out how to post to topics, but having trouble figuring it out.  I dont see any places where one can reply to a discussion, so I just clicked on the left side that states, "create a discussion."  its been hard, like many of the stories that I have read so far: Anger and sadness have been something that I have been dealing with.  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
cathy90

Your better than me already, I'm trying to figure it out before I quit, I think I'll get mad and want a cigarette trying to figure how to get around here.  I hope you are doing good. I have 5 more days to my quit date.  Sorry I can't help you at this time, still learning myself. 

0 Kudos
bushmangreg

Don't let the site get you down.  On day 9 and still sane.  Hope that you can get it all figured out before your quit date.

0 Kudos
kls3

I didn't let the site push me to a cigarette,  oh no, I just cried a few times out of frustration.  I feel lucky that someone added me as a friend because I still haven't figured that out.  Greg, I'm sorry about your anger and sadness.  Whatever happened to cause these feelings must be tough for you, but I hope you feel better over time and are able to handle things. Karin

0 Kudos
bushmangreg

Thanks for posting, Karin.  Common symptoms for nicotine withdrawl, from what I have been told.  It ahs been a difficult path, but I am extreamely determined.  On day 14 now and doing better, I think.  

-Greg

0 Kudos

Hi and welcome to the site. The support group hangs out on the BLOGS PAGE of this site. Above your avatar (picture) click on the blogs, then down a bit on the left side "write a blog"  Introduce yourself so everyone will know you're here, and then click "publish"

There are Elders with years smoke free, people just starting their quit, and everything in between, and we'd all like to help and support you, too. Hope to see you there soon.

0 Kudos

PS I'm finishing up Day 43. It is sooo worth the effort of the first few weeks, to be free of this horrible addiction. Don't give up!!!

0 Kudos
bushmangreg

Day 43 is awesome!  Congradulatiosn!  I am on day 16.  Had a very difficult time the other day due to experiencing very excruciating tooth pain and dealing with an incompetent dentist.  I tell myself, "I will get thorugh this."

0 Kudos