cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rsan

Day 72

Day 72
I still have not gone a whole day without thinking about cigs, but it is few and far between. The occasional sneak up, out of blue, strong sensation does catch me off guard and I revert to NOPE, drink water, deep breaths. I am glad they don’t last too long because the junkie thinking comes along with these sneak attacks.
My sleeping is better most nights and the insomnia is going away. I still have feelings of anxiety but not as often or as intense. I don’t feel “crazy” or out of my mind and can focus on deep level tasks.
My boyfriend is about 10 days behind me; we both quit cold turkey, no nicotine period. The other day we were heading out to a game and we are debating who is going to drive, then he blurts out, Oh you probably want to drive because we can smoke in your car! Instantly he covers his mouth and we look at each other laughing and he says OMG I forgot we don’t smoke!!
Half way through NML and I don’t want to go through again!! N.O.P.E. one puff away from a pack a day.
Stay focused; follow the marked trail that others laid before you. I can see the very top of the mountain in the distance, still a ways to go.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Barbscloud

@Rsan Congrats on 72 days.  Happy to hear you're feeling so much better and know that those hard times were so worth it .  Great that your boyfriend quit also.  You were a good role model!

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

You are doing extremely well.  It sounds that you have done your homework.  Congrats.  The journey continues. 

0 Kudos