cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

picklefarmer

Day 4 or Day 1, one or the other.......

What a great site, what can it hurt right ? Ok, here is my deal :

Ok, so Doc say I need to quit as a prerequisite to surgery.

No.   " Yes.   Or, just live with your problem forever " ( spinal contusion ).

Fine, so he gives me bupropion, sorta like Zyban.

I decided to stop 1, Nov. Woke up, no smokes.

went crazy after an hour or 2 and bought cigars to smoke outside only

as a reward for not having one of my beloved Salems.

I go out and have a few puffs, I dont inhale, they make sick and then I  feel better.

Also, I did start on the SNUS, marlboro menthol which has nicotine, I only use 2 pouches per day.

Was up to 2.5 packs per day and enjoyed every single puff.

I live alone and the dog doesnt seem to care if I smoke or not, but does seem to sense I am happier when  I do.

Yesterday I call the spine doc

RIng Ring

Me : I am smoke free !

her : Good, how long ?

Me : all month now

her : 30 days ?

me : no all of THIS month.

her : ok, I will tell him and get back to you.

Since they told me I would be tested for nicotine, I thought I would be a good idea to have a date in mind, so as to

know how long to have zero nicotine in my body. She calls back and says, we wont even schedule a test until you

are atleast 30 days along. Really ? Yep.

So, am I foolish to think I am at day 4 with the SNUS, cigars and gum ?

Anyone else live alone ? I think it is much harder when its just us and a mirror.

Lord help us all...............

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Hey there - me again!  You do have a huge reason for quitting. Problem is that you must decide to do and then honor that decision. You are still consuming lots of nicotine and I dont know how many other chemicals. Why not try to become educated about the nicotince addiction and then try again. More on your message board...

Maggie

0 Kudos

We have success here and you can too.  Maggie is right, you need to get educated about the nicotine addiction, then you will be able to see things for what they really are instead of being brainwashed into thinking you "love" smoking.

Go to whyquit.com and quitsmokinonline.com, read our blogs and comments, spend at least an hour a day reading and let the process happen for you.  Keep blogging on the blogs (top of page next to groups-everyone hangs out at the blogs 24/7) and letting us know how you're doing.

0 Kudos
blackfrost

First night without a cig

ROUGH, body feeling sick, head seemed to be screwed on backwards

gotta get a plan and set a date

not sure if I need a aid on medical help, but here we are day two, so far 1cig

0 Kudos
blackfrost

First night without a cig

ROUGH, body feeling sick, head seemed to be screwed on backwards

gotta get a plan and set a date

not sure if I need a aid on medical help, but here we are day two, so far 1cig

0 Kudos
catlady4

I started on the patch on 10-13-10, when I thought I was out of cigarettes. Didn't have any cravings for that cigarette and then two days later I went in my purse and ther e was a pack of Misty's. I'm on day 25 and the Misty's are still in my purse, unopened. I hope I can continue to be smoke free.

0 Kudos
picklefarmer

Day 5, you know ...what seems to work for me is I kept one single cig... that I hold, puff on when I get up, after I eat...etc.

But, I NEVER light it ! That would just be dumb.

Tonight, I wanna have a short happy hour, you know, to actually stay HAPPY, and will be trying the vapor cigs......

catlady, I seem to draw strength knowing I have immediate access to a smoke in case of emergency.

If someone said: " Noway !!!! , cant have any cigs within 10 miles of your body, ".........THAT would freak me out and

I would rush to the mearest C-store. Just sayin.......

Maggie & mjj, your advice is heard and heeded, thanks !

Picklefarmer.............

0 Kudos
bjdbc

Smoked for 40 years.Quit many times but could not stay away from the cigarettes.Quit once for 6 months with the patch and when I took off that last patch I walked to the nearest store and bought a pack.Smoked it in 2 hours. Got sick a few weeks back and ended in the hospital with a BP so outrageous I made up my mind I am going to quit.Found this site yesterday and am loving it. I have a quit date of Nov 18th and have really cut back on how many cig's I have a day.When I think I am going to have a melt down I use Atomic Fireball jaw breakers.They are very hot and I have to inhail to cool my mouth down.They last  a long time and stay hot. For me it is the warm inhail and exhail that I miss and the fireballs are great! I also downloaded 4 stop smoking programs off itunes and listen to them all night while sleeping and during the day when my ipod is not on the charger.They say that your sugar can drop when you are quiting so eat oranges or drink  juice when you feel sick. It is working for me.Hope it can help someone else.

0 Kudos
picklefarmer

I hear ya bjbdc, I started when I was 14, and would drive the tractor or walk the 3 miles  if I had to.

As stated, Im on day 5, this am I was on the deck smokin a swisher sweet, I did take a tiny inhale.

It is not like a cig because if it was I would have sucked it dry in ten seconds, In anycase, Im going to STOP the swishers !

and try the vapor cigs for now as I just found out the following : ( especially the BOLD print )

Swisher Sweets cigars are most popular with multiple flavors. Its variety of flavors can offer you variety of smoking experiences and great enjoyments. Flavors include grape, chocolate, mower wine, strawberry, rum and lot more. Swisher sweets are ideal for partying and other funny occasions. Compared other forms of cigars, this one is more tasty and less expensive that make it ideal for all smoking lovers. You will get swisher sweets in many sizes online and offline markets. Nowadays mini cigars are more popular than big sized swisher sweets. Smoking mini such as Cigarillos offers a smooth and cool smoking experience in all important flavors.

If you like to smoke after lunch and dinner, swisher sweet cigarillos are best. People love to smoke it during coffee breaks also. People all over the world claim that Swisher Sweets are the best brand of cigars because of its enhancing taste and good inducement capabilities. No other cigars or cigarettes can induce your mind as swisher sweets do because its nicotine content is very high compared to common cigars and cigarettes. 100 to 200 mg nicotine rich cigars will offer you more pleasure.

Traditional cigarettes and cigars can only contain 8 to 10 mg of nicotine. As it is not completely inhaled to lungs, swisher sweets are very less harmful to the body.

0 Kudos