cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jodylee98271

Day 3 any advice?

I am using a patch. But craving really bad this am.  Smoked for 46 years.  This is my first successful attempt. Never gone one day before. Thank you

0 Kudos
55 Replies
Barb102

Hi sorry this is late. How are you doing?  I hope you are doing a little better today. Be proud of yourself for getting this far. I tried not to overwhelm myself by telling myself, just one more hour. After the first week I could finally say just one more day. Just for today. I take the pledge not to smoke today and it helps me. Some days are better than others. Please believe me that nothing is as bad as the first week. After that you will have I don’t want to ever smoke again ,to go through what I went through the first week. Please know that everyone here cares about your quit and wants to help you. Everyone is at different levels of the quit , so there is so much information to help you. I too couldn’t read . I couldn’t concentrate. Walking, excercise helped me. Later reading, puzzles ,adult coloring, praying  I now volunteer to help the homeless. It is not just a help to them , it’s a big help to me. It makes me see that what I’m dealing with is nothing compared to them. Please don’t give up. Just don’t smoke today. I know you can do this because after 40+ years of smoking , I’m doing it. I have my ups and downs , but I’m on day112 and I will never go back. Come on we can do this together

Barb

elvan

How ARE you doing?  I hope things are easing a bit...there's really no way to rush this recovery thing, I wish there was.  Thinking of you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
emilyt123078

Awesome.  I'm sure there will be a lot of great advice. For me, it was a matter of just riding the storm out.  It gets better.

You'll feel like garbage for a while and I just committed to feeling like this and allowed myself to be in that moment. I called it the "weirds" because you almost don't feel like yourself. Whenever I started thinking that I couldn't do it, I reminded myself that cigarettes are addictive and that is what addiction feels like.  Honestly, once you're feeling better and stronger, you'll be okay.  Talk it out with us on your bad days. Don't be afraid to vent through it.

0 Kudos
Jodylee98271

Thank you

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
Jodylee98271

Thanks for your kindness.  Unfortunately been accused if sending spam and h abing signatures no idea what that is..i didn't sign anything..other people trying to tell me I should have read some stuff before quitting  ...crazy!! I almost died from pneumonia and severe lung infection..I quit ..just wanted to thank you but need to leave here..too complicated and some people are too abrasive.

Take care

Jody

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I was trying to be supportive about NOT reading the very day you needed support from the group. And I accused you of spamming???  Not to worry, you won't be hearing from me again.