cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jodylee98271

Day 3 any advice?

I am using a patch. But craving really bad this am.  Smoked for 46 years.  This is my first successful attempt. Never gone one day before. Thank you

0 Kudos
55 Replies
karenjones

Yes, read a book.  You have to quit smoking yourself, we can support you, but we cannot quit for yoou. You have to do it yourself. NRT is nicotine replacement therapy.  You have alot to learn. You have come to the right place.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

There is nothing passive in her statements!!

0 Kudos
Gma_Bernie

Nicotine replacement therapy. Congratulations on three days. I hope you are still smoke free. I also smoked for 45 years and I am almost at 6 months smoke-free now. I never thought I could do it. But stick with it. It's worth it. And come on this site and bit** all you want. It helps.

GyorgyiM

Your about to embark on a WONDERFUL SUPPORTIVE JOURNEY......just you wait and see....in the meantime.

DON'T SMOKE....

I did for 43 years.......and now I am Nicotine free for 78 days!

YOU GOT THIS!!!!

Miles of Smiles.............................

Jodylee98271

Thanks

Dont smoke...wow that is not helpful

Thanks anyway

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jodylee98271 wrote:

Thanks

Dont smoke...wow that is not helpful

Thanks anyway

Jodylee98271

I think part of the intent of GyorgyiM‌ message is that no matter what you're faced with that smoking, not even one puff is worth it or part of what you do any longer as it will set you back from the progress you made.  Re-read the responses you have received. Sometimes the message will morph and become more clear each time you read it. Reading what others have posted and the responses they receive and also the responses of other quitters may help as well.  These are experienced quitters responding to you.  Even though it may not make sense now. Try to soak up as much knowledge as you can from them.  A common phrase around here is Take the Best and Leave the Rest. Which means that you'll receive a lot of advice around here. Some that will be applicable and some that won't. If it doesn't apply to you ignore it. If it does apply use it.  And sometimes what doesn't appear to apply now may make sense in the future or may be relevant in the future.

Bottomline is that a lot of people here have your back now.  We're rooting for you! But you need to do the work to get yourself quit.  It doesn't happen on its own.

Thanks for joining and working to improve your health.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Jodylee98271

Hi

I was looking for serious help yesterday and just saying dont smoke felt very much like no help at all.

Nice of you to stick up for the person

I needed support not the obvious dont smoke.

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Wow.....

karenjones

boy, you are passive agressive. are you always like this, or just when you are suffering nicotine withdrawal symptoms. Yes, don't smoke.  Do not put a cigarette in your mouth and light it on fire.  It is that simple.

0 Kudos
Fresher1

I like this answer!

0 Kudos