cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Day 2 started out scary

I got up and started looking for cigarettes! I looked in my car. Nope. I looked in my purse. Nope. I looked in my heavy jacket. Nope. I looked in my light jacket. Yes. (Notice I have two different jackets that I used to we to go out and smoke, depending on the temperature.) I took one out of the pack, lit it up, and hollered, "NO!" I put it out and took the rest of the pack and broke them at the filter line, and tossed them in the trash. Whew. After I put it out, I sat there and let the disgusting smell waft by. I wanted to smell its grossness to be reminded of why I didn't want to smell like that. One puff. It could have started a chain reaction, but I was so shocked and distraught that it will not. NOPE still stands, though one puff got in there. The house is now clean and I don't feel desperate. I know better. I will not quit this quit and that is my pledge to me today. 

What did I do after this almost disaster? I came inside, got a cup of coffee, and started putting the finish on my no smoking rock I painted yesterday. Then I cried. I made that rock for me. I deserve that rock. I'm earning that rock. 

If you're quitting with me, get rid of ALL the cigarettes. 

I have errands to run today and I'm taking all of you with me for support. 

24 Replies

DonnaMarie.  You Did It!!!!!!!! You Beat that buckshot trying to shoot you down!!!!!!!! So proud of you!!!!!!!   I really like the list of things you did to,.............................

stay busy and nuture your Journey..... Well Done !!!!!

Finding different things for different days .  Like others said . Depends on how I feel when I 1st wake up .........The exercise and not skipping meals are the only things I don,t blow off. 

Being this flexible to nuture myself because I can finally say I am worth it .   Is so Out of Character for me!!!!!!  Apparently others having said so: See Me As A Stronger Woman,than I have ever seen myself....

Gotta tell gal . It feels pretty weird .........So Proud of how you saved your Quit!!!   You go girl!!!!!!!!!   Posting is slow but most doable with this 7" tablet .    Have a Blessed Day!  Prairie

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

PRAIRIEROSELADY wrote:

Being this flexible to nuture myself because I can finally say I am worth it ......

It's hard putting yourselves first, isn't it? Realizing we're worth more than the slow suicide. Life is complicated and dangerous enough. Why do we want to keep adding this hazard? I, for one, don't. I'm craving like crazy right now, but am embracing it as a sign that I'm doing something right. It will pass and I will come out on the other side prouder of myself and having smoked one less cigarette. 

So many new things I'm opening my eyes and mind to. This time, it's for real. 

0 Kudos
elvan

DonnaMarie‌ I remember being told that craves will come and go whether we smoke or NOT...the craves do not have to be answered with a cigarette and every single time that you recognize that and keep on moving forward, you get stronger and more resilient and your self esteem will go up exponentially.  

Ellen

TessaGrace

Today I was thinking that many times I crave as a non smoker I would be craving as a smoker too- like when I'm almost back at the house the craving peaks in anticipation of being able to go out to the back garden and smoke, but its the same crave for those minutes till I get back to the house and only extra crave after that, until I distract it somehow.

elvan

That is a powerful observation, congratulations on your insight and your growth already.

Ellen