cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Day 2 and feeling good!!!!

Ok, so today is day 2 and it has been going pretty good.  Had one strong craving early this morning and one around 2pm.  Other than that I have been rather relaxed and in good spirits.  I'm using the patch.    I ran across an on-line book and it is an incredible read!  It's on website:  Smokeworm.com.    I'm half way into reading it and it has made such a powerful positive impact on me that I think I can just take this patch off and never think about smoking again!    Ok, don't want to screw up my 2 day run so I'll leave the patch on for a few more days.     It is a must read though!!!! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kremnster

Hey,

I just noticed that no one else had said congratulations to you yet, so let me be the first! I quit 40 days ago, and it's a great feeling. Thanks for the smokeworm though; I'm working my way through it now. Just remember---you don't NEED the patch, and you don't NEED the ciggs. You do, however, NEED to quit. 

0 Kudos

Thank you!!!  You know a couple day, I thought I needed the patch.  But today has been a very rewarding day.  I am still on the patch but the mere thought of smoking makes me sick to my stomach.  I don't have any thoughts of wanting to smoke or any cravings to smoke today.  I do have thoughts about why did I enjoy it so much; and I do make myself remember just how awful that last one was and how  it was not rewarding at all.  I picture in my head smoking a cig and I just get so grossed out by it.  That is a good sign to me.    The book I read on Smokeworm really helped me and I read it slowly and let every word sink in.    I know today that I choose to stop smoking and I don't feel like I am giving up something I enjoy or being deprived of any pleasure I thought it brought me.   

Today I walked my dogs this morning.  One at at time so I could get more exercise.  I also played tennis with my 13 year old daughter and didn't get winded at all!  I loved practicing with her and it really meant alot to her.   Had I still been smoking a pack of cigs a day; I would not have even bothered walking the dogs for a total of 2 miles or playing tennis for an hour and half.   I love how how much more energy I have and I feel so good about my life and myself.  I'm not sitting here watching the clock hoping that the day goes by fast so I can go to sleep and make it through another day.  I'm enjoying every minute of the day now. 

0 Kudos
patrick-marsh

CONGRATS ON YOUR QUIT! YOUR DOING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos