cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bo_7

Day 2. I'm going to lose my mind!

I just need to vent a lil bit.  I'm not using patches, gum, etc cause everytime I try them I just delay the brain freak out.  I'm doing it cold turkey this time!  This sucks soooo bad.  16yrs of addiction.  Deep breath.  I can do this.........

0 Kudos
4 Replies
brodertr

Stick to it - I'm on day 11 cold turkey - the first few are the toughest. it'll raise it's ugly head at times later but never as bad as those first few days!

0 Kudos
bo_7

Day 3!  Still sucks, my teeth and jaw hurt from clenching, didn't sleep much last night.  Still haven't touched nicotine.....Another day.....

0 Kudos
sesposito

Wow, do I feel your pain. I'm using the patch and I'm not so sure it's a good thing but am going to stick to the required dose. For the record, you're doing it, a day at a time and rememer why you're doing this.

Health, beauty, freedom, cost savings, family, friends, emphazema, fulfill your desire to be an amazing singer, not having to leave the room for the smoke break. Not having to hide anything, coming to terms with your feelings.

You're doing great, just hang in there, a day at a time, breath, jump rope, go for a bike ride, do a crossword, SCREAM, determine those 10 things that you like about yourself regardless if the cancer stick was with you or not. *hug*.

0 Kudos
bo_7

DAY 4.  Still not sleeping, waking up every 30min-1hr, jaw and teeth still killing me.  I need to stop clinching!  On a good note, the crazies are starting to ease 🙂  Another day....

0 Kudos