cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

fresh

Day 19 and feel horible.

So for about 2 days now i have center chest pain but it comes and goes from time to time. Yestarday after i eat about 2-3hrs later i feelt so sick and vomitted. Also when i sit on the computer i have sometimes trouble consintrading so i have to look close at the screen. Now with the chest pain i dont know if its my stomach or if its my lungs or my heart the pain comes from the center of my chest and about right under where your ribs begin to separate. Also sometimes there is a short feeling of beeing light headed. Now this is realy stressing me and i kinda do want to see a doc but then again i dont because i am very SCARED that i could have something serious. Im only 20!!!!! On the other had it might also be a cold or a flu i have!??!

If anyone is out there that had the same problem or is having the same problem and knows a answer please let me know.
0 Kudos
20 Replies
polly2

It sounds to me like you better get to a doctor and get some testing done. Don't play around with your health!! If you have something seriously wrong with you, woudn't you want to get it treated ASAP instead of letting it get worse? Take good care of yourself -- remember, you are the only you that you've got!!
0 Kudos
hwc

None of those symptoms are caused by nicotine withdrawal or quitting smoking.
0 Kudos
fresh

okay I think i was a little bit to over reacting on the top post. Now what i mean when feeling like some chest discompfort is when i sit on the computer all day. as sson as i start to walk around or lay down to take a nap i dont have pain there. But the other symptons like caugthing, Runny nose, and but only when sit on front of the comp all day lack of consentrating. The reason im posting this now is because i took a walk for about 20-30 min and then layed down and i was to myself "Hmm this is strange no chest pain"
0 Kudos
Theresa11

Hey kiddo you still need to see a Dr.
0 Kudos
becky16

Hey FresH,
More than likely you are having anxiety about quitting and it is affecting your stomach. I know my stomach was a mess when I first quit. I felt like I had a permanent lead ball in it. lol! I had that center pain too, mine was caused from my esophagas healing. Smoking causes a lot of irritation to the stomach and esophagus lining. The lightheadedness is usually because your body is changing drastically from the quitting and the nicotine is leaving. However, because you are going through some severe changes in your body, it might be a good idea to have yourself checked out. It is also a good idea to have your doctor involved with your quit anyway. Your Dr. will know what effects you may have from quitting.
Rather than panic, it will ease your mind to have your Dr. check you out. Let me know how you make out...and Congratulations on your two day quit!! Hugggs!
0 Kudos
fresh

okay well i guess the best thing to do is go to a Dr. Okay but i have a serious question but it might sound stupid. What are some good questions i should ask the Dr.? Should i ask him to do X-rays, Blood, or anything eles?
0 Kudos
becky16

Just tell your doctor that you have quit smoking...when you quit and then tell him the symptoms you have been having since you quit. Tell the doctor what you told us, about the chest pain, when you have it, when you don't and about the vomiting, the light headedness, etc. Let him know that you walked and the chest pain went away.
Ask the doctor you are stressed because of the symptoms and what would he/she suggest. The doctor will probably order some tests, if he feels that he needs to. You might ask the doctor for advice about quitting, also. Depending on the knowledge of the doctor about quitting, you might get some help in that area. He may suggest something to relax you, if it is anxiety. In the meantime....go to www.meditainment.com where you can learn meditation in about 10 minutes or so, on line. It will help you relax and focus. Let me know how you make out...k? Huggs!
0 Kudos
fresh

So i called my Dr. today and im going to go see him on Monday at 11.30!! so i will post an update here. Ohh and BTW maybe i did have a cold? becuase the light headed has gone away and the chest pain is almost gone, can bearly feel it anymore! Anyway i will post en update on what the Dr. said next week
0 Kudos
suzzy12345

Interesting symtoms you seem to be experiencing. I would take caution to the wind, and consult a Doctor about what you are experiencing - or - contact a Drug Treatment program and ask them what you can expect in quitting. Good luck! and congratulations in your quit!
0 Kudos