cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tmac1971

Day #1

I am 46 years old and have been smoking for 30 years. I just need to do this and quit !!! I am afraid of failing and giving in and I just can't (I don't want to). I want my 25 year old daughter to be proud of me and hopefully one day it will encourage her to stop to. I don't know what else to say, I just really want to get through today!!!

Tags (1)
16 Replies
MisFitz

Welcome! We are so glad to have you here.  I'm guessing you might be pretty miserable right about now.  I am just a couple weeks into my quit so I remember those first few days very clearly. Please hang in there.  It gets so much better.  I'm still on shaky ground but I feel so much better.  And you will too even if you don't think it's possible at the moment!

How are you today?

I'm so glad you are here. I'm proud of you for deciding to put your health front and center.

Go you!

0 Kudos
Tmac1971

The morning at work are just really hard. I have like zero patience and people are annoying me, and its not fair to them.

Other than that I am good...I guess the good is through all this frustration I am not smoking. I will not smoke today.

Thank you for reaching out. 

Tmac1971

my workers have been awesome and one of them brought in a diffuser for me and put in it clove and citrus oils. the clove is supposed to help my cravings and the citrus to help my mood. Not sure if it working but i really love the thoughtful gesture.  This morning I am a little better!! I can't believe I am on day 4 !!! I have not stopped smoking this long in 15 years  . Best to everyone !! 

0 Kudos
Roller831

Keep up the great work and please keep reading!!!  This site was so helpful to me in the first few days and continues to be even now.  Congratulations on 4 days and let those days stack up!

elvan

Tmac1971  CONGRATULATIONS...you are making progress.  I am so glad your co-workers are being understanding and supportive, that really helps.  I told everyone I could that I quit smoking...I wanted their support and their understanding in case I was crabby and/or goofy...I was goofy a LOT.  I can PROMISE you that it does get better, it's a journey and sometimes it seems to take forever but then that day comes when you realize you never even THOUGHT about smoking.  It comes as a surprise but it comes because you have been "working" your quit, staying close to the site, talking to people, learning all that you can about addiction, you can do this.  I smoked for longer than you have been alive.  I have been smoke free for over 3 1/2 years now, I am suffering the consequences of smoking for so long.  I SO wish I had quit when I was YOUR age.

You are doing this...keep it up!

Ellen

Daniela2016

Congratulations, you wanted to do this, and you are doing it!!!

And you have a whole team of seasoned and willing to help EXsmokers behind you!

Think like an Ex-smoker, act like it, and you are becoming one.

This first week is the most challenging, but a lot of documentation has been shared with you, read, educate yourself, keep yourself, keep your mind busy, and you'll make it through.  All of us have been there and made it, you can too!

And Allan Carr's book will tell you the same thing, hopefully you made some progress with it.  It really helped me, it helped me throw away the last milligrams of Nicotine I was feeding my body (I used an e-cigarette for the first 5 weeks after quitting smoking).

Image result for change your mind

0 Kudos