cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Dang

I know exactly why I am quitting smoking.  I do not like quitting, it is hard as hell.

I sleep in late, because I do not want to get up, to no cigs.  Das Sad. 

It is beautiful outside, could do lots of things   Do not wannuw"

8 Replies
sweetplt

Sleeping late avoids those morning craves...I understand Kim...1st time I quit I had to do that for about one month...it was hard because I am a morning person...when I went back to smoking...I never smoked before 4 pm...weird huh? 

You don’t have to do anything outside...but sometimes we have to push ourselves and it is amazing, we end up liking what we are doing...the number one thing is protecting the quit...~Gotcha in my Thoughts ... Colleen

indingrl

NO WORRIES KIM - it is YOUR OWN life and day to DO as YOU CHOOSE! that's YOUR OWN FREE WILL- Yahoooooooooo- gentle hug.

DonnaMarie

Did you quit again? Bravo for you. 

Its not fun, but it does get better and funner!

Donna

Day 157

elvan

If you need to sleep in the morning...SLEEP, as long as you are not smoking, you are winning, Kim.  Keep going...one deep breath at a time.

Ellen

Barbscloud

Sorry I missed this yesterday.   How are doing today?  I'm just the opposite. I'm up early to take care of the animals and can't go back to sleep even if I try.   If you need to sleep early in your quit, there's nothing wrong with that.  There has been lots of people on this site that said they slept a lot to avoid smoking.   We're all  different  -- I had to stay busy.

In fact, I went crazy yesterday because my activities were restricted.  Although, I did cheat and took Charlie for a short stroll.  I had to see the 2nd dermatologist yesterday to remove more of the area for the mole on my leg that was a pre-melanoma.   I wasn't expecting all of this!   She doesn't like to do stitches on the leg to control bleeding so my leg is wrapped with three different materials from my ankle to my knee.   I'm allowed to walk Charlie, but all other activity is restricted until I remove this on Monday.  Then I go back to vaseline an band aids for weeks  (which I had already been doing for weeks from the first removal).   I planned coming home yesterday and doing yard work.   I was bummed being stuck on the sofa with my leg elevated.   Seems like overkill!

Hope your feeling more positive this morning

Hugs

Barb

Alicatsam

I go the other way, go to bed early because I did a lot of my smoking to wind down for bed. Once I've gotten myself and my dog ready, I just lie down. Watching stuff I've already seen on my tablet helps me fall asleep without thinking about smoking.

Priscilla

I get it. I have been going to bed super early for the same reason. 

elvan

I remember more than one quit that I pretty much slept through the beginning.  You have planned and prepared and you can do this, Kim.  It isn't easy, it's one baby step at a time but after a while, it isn't so hard and the benefits are amazing.  You will be so proud of yourself.

Hugs,

Ellen