cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ranze

DAY ONE

Today's my quit date.Didn't smoke all day! I did really well all day and I'm proud of myself. It's 9pm now and I have a nicorette b/n my cheek and teeth...not like the real thing at all! and where is the nicotine???
I would say the hardest time for me is late evening where I'd have a smoke or two and contemplate the day's happenings...helped me to relax and collect my thoughts....need words of encouragement!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jim23

Ranze, keep it going!!! Job well done! one day at a time and before you know it, a year will pass and you'll still be smoke free. Be your own boss, never a slave to the demon nicotine. My quit date is Sept 27 and i am reading this site every night to prepare.
Jim
0 Kudos
lisa93

Hey there..it's my first day too! I've decided after my birthday that I would try to quit and actually checked out the EX.org site a couple of weeks before quiting. Keep up the good work...one day at a time..if we wanna smoke tomorrow..we wil...just NOT TODAY!
Lisa
0 Kudos
fire

congratulations on the day Ranze ! The nicorette should really help with cravings- I used to find that if it was important to chew the right strength and also try and get the gum in before my head started really buzzing with craving.
I have to cold turkey this time because of high blood pressure but the gum should really help especially in the next couple of days. Lots of water too ;0) hang in there.

Fire
0 Kudos
jacob5

Congratulations! It is so tough the first few days and remains tough, but gets much easier. DO NOT GIVE IN! We're here for you. 🙂 I just hit day 10 and I was a very involved smoker for 13 years.
0 Kudos
yvette5

Hi Ranze, good for you! I know what you mean about evenings. I used to love to smoke while I would read my books late into the night. Well, I'd say you made it to 9 pm and that's not easy. I chew on a toothpick & have nicorette at the same time, sometimes . Don't know if that will help you at nights but it's worth a shot. Good luck. Cigarettes don't own you...you own yourself. All my best, Yvette
0 Kudos
ranze

Thanks Jim. I made it through the day AND night! I must have slept 12 hours to avoid the evening temptation. Hope I make it through day two.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
0 Kudos
ranze

Yeah Lisa! Way to go. Just not today. I'm in Day two....slept like 12 hours....I was so sleepy and tired of everything last night that I slept on the couch at 9 and kept at it 'till morning. Just wanted my first day to end. Thank God it did and I'm still smoke free!
Keep strong! Let's try and make it through day 2!!
0 Kudos
ranze

Thanks fire! Yeah I did chew the gum towards evening. I miss the cigarette taste...which the gum doesn't have. I have to try taking it more often. Day two....am drinking plenty of water. HOpe I make it through this day too!
Keep strong!!
0 Kudos
ranze

OMG Good for you! By now I'm sure most of the cravings are gone right? I made it through the night too. Slept on the couch at my friend's house since I was scared of going home where there is a lot of temptation. It's day 2. Hope I survive!!
0 Kudos