cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chels2

DAY 2 AND ITS REALLY HARD!

ok today is much harder than yesterday....woke up this morning like "are you CRAZY?!?!? no morning cig!?!" im having serious cravings just had to vent...my sweet tooth is insane ....any support would be great
Tags (1)
6 Replies
rob17

Day two is a b*tch. Withdrawal from nicotine is not a fun thing at all, but it does get better. I know that probably doesn't help very much in the middle of a crave, but it's true. The next couple of days will be rough, but then you'll notice it's not a constant urge anymore.

Have you gone to the section of this site that talks about separation from triggers? That should help. Also, try substituting healthier stuff (like celery or carrots) for the sweet stuff.

One final note. If you smoke a cigarette, you get to do this all over again the next time. Not fun.

Good luck!
Rob
0 Kudos
debbie60

I'm on Day Four and have realized I am also going to have to start a diet because I have ate every sweet snack in the house. Stay busy and tell yourself you don't need a cigarette because you no longer are a smoker. the feeling you are going to get in a few days when you know you can do it, is incredible. look forward to that.
Download Quit Keeper, like below. It helps to see what you have saved and added to your life.

I have been quit for 3 Days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 47 seconds (3 days). I have saved $28.87 by not smoking 213 cigarettes. I have saved 17 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/16/2008 12:01 AM
0 Kudos
KatherineF

You can do this! Don’t give up on yourself! This is hard but you are strong and can succeed!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hi Katherine.  Just an FYI - this blog post is from back in 2008.  You can see the date under the title.  This member has deactivated their account.  Just didn't want you to be sitting there waiting for a response.   Nice to see you. katherinef

0 Kudos
KatherineF

Thank you. It was on an email I got so I thought it was current.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
elvan

Nice to hear from you katherinef‌, looks like you have a quit that has been growing and growing, good for you.

Ellen

0 Kudos