cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Thyme

Cutting back on nicotine lozenges

It’s that time again and I’m feeling nervous. It’s time to go from 2 to 1 lozenges a day. I’ve been having one in the morning and the evening and I think I’ve decided it’s the morning one I’ll cut out first. I’ve never really developed any other strategies for that waking up, drinking coffee routine. In fact, my routine for a long time has been to have coffee, a lozenge and go on the Ex. I know from cutting down on NRT previously that it feels really hard for maybe 3 days and then I adjust and don’t miss it. I’ve been using mint lifesavers as a replacement for the lozenge during the day and I like those, but looking for other ideas/suggestions and moral support.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
biscuit9

I quit cold turkey, and am not familiar with the nicotine lozenges.  You have quit for a while now I thought, but you are still getting nicotine daily, and through a lozenge.  I didn't know that is how that works.  The good news is you probably no longer have the hand/mouth habit.  I think you will be just fine, but I didn't use the lozenges and someone else may know how this works.  You have come so far, I know you can do this!!

@Thyme Don't worry.   Remember you were never getting as much nicotine from the lozenges as from smoking because the nicotine is absorbed differently.   

You do have a new routine in the morning.  The EX.  I started having my coffee here in the morning instead of smoking and it worked for me.  I think you'll be fine.  I used nicotrol inhalers along with Welbutrin and it went fine when I cut down from the inhalers.  

You have got a solid 87 day quit doing.   You did that, not the lozenges.  They're an aid--you made the commitment and did the work.  Be proud of your success.

Barbscloud_1-1704134401182.jpeg

Remember, if you need someone to lean on, we're more than happy to listen.  You got this.

Barb

Barb

Thyme

Thank you! You’re right, this is not too bad at all. It feels nothing like the first morning without a cigarette. Just a twinge of desire to have the lozenge but I am able to get through it. I’ve been eating a lot of altoids with my coffee haha! I know each day after today will get easier. Thank you for your support!

Thyme

I just tried something else that really helped! I googled breathing exercise & followed along with a 1 minute animation. I feel a slight pleasant buzz in my head and a lot more content and relaxed.

Barbscloud

@Thyme They're great.  Here's I really neat one.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What a great tool to have @Barbscloud! I will save this one for when I need to take a deep breath to center myself.

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
Thyme

Thank you Barb, I love it!