cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

leslieg6295

Crazy

I appreciate the support, but the hoops I feel like I have to jump through, just to get reimbursed for not smoking,  is crazy! I'm not the most technologically savvy person anyway. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

leslieg6295

The steps are all laid out on My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX .  Once all the check boxes are checked you’re done.  If there is one particular step that you need help with.  Please let me know.  They could be done conceivably in 8 days.  

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi ... I had to pay $100 every two weeks for smoking...after 1 year...they had me take a blood test and this year I will no longer have to pay...but I am almost quit a year and still had to pay...it is just life...and what we have to go through as addicts...If I were you I would talk to Human Resources and ask when you can get blood work, finish this site, etc., and stop paying the money...You are doing super...~ Colleen 353 DOF 

Sammy838

I understand what your going thru back many many years ago I got a DWI and part of the requirements was I was to go to AA meetings even thou I did not consider myself an alcoholic or plan on quite occasional drinking I just got pulled over after having some beers with friends and it pissed me off that I had. To go thru all these extra steps just because someone told me I had to do it not because I wanted to but because I didn't want to go to jail 

But when there I did get some input that sticks with you so read a couple post you may get something out of it 

I'm here because I want to stop smoking 

Barbscloud

Hi and welcome to the Ex.  Not sure what is happening at this point.  Have you be able to find an easier way to document that you're not smoking?   I hope Mark was able to smooth things out for you.  How is the quit going?

Barb

Cousin-Itt

leslieg6295‌ A few years back I was in the same situation I was quit 3 months when my wife s  insurance did the same thing to me.  I can honestly say I thought the whole thing was BS so at the time I played the game as I thought it was. I took my 3 phone calls from coaches and I logged onto the site just to keep everyone happy and save a buck.

This is where it gets better I began listening, learning and I realized I wasn't struggling with craves things became eaiser  and I made a few close friends.

1202 days later I'm still smoke free I can only say for me it was worth it   Just give this group a try is all I ask'

As far as being savvy my granddaughter helped me to get on this site and I just started to explore.

The best to you

Cousin-Itt  

Carl