cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Covid Anxiety

So here we are 10 months dealing with the horrific pandemic and no signs of it ending.  Since my last posting I lost yet another friend to Covid19 and my partners 97 year old mom who caught it in her Nursing Home.  I can't any more; this is just getting to my core and I cannot help but think 'if' I get it but 'When'.  I take all the precautions to stay safe and I'm angered by all the idiots who think of this as just a flu.  It's Not just a flu; it's deadly X 100.  Many do survive, thank God, but others aren't as lucky.

I pray our New President will take hold of this and do what our last president failed to do. ACT!!!  5 months have past since our president sat down with the Coronavirus team; he's washed his hands of it and all America as he passes the time playing golf.

I've fallen into a depression and my anxiety is through the roof.  We all want our lives back and to love and share with our family and friends.  When?????

Sorry for this doom and gloom note but, I know I can vent to my friends here.  I wish all of you a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Still not smoking just as FYI 

21 Replies
green1611

Sorry to hear your losses. Such griefs go down deep in heart!. Hope you can sustain that.

Appreciate your braveness to be smoke free during such chaos !

Keep it on, all the best.  

I am sure there will be right answer to this pandemic.  

minihorses

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses!  COVID is a killer, I don't care who thinks otherwise. 

I don't leave home except for doctor appointments even though I'm starting to be able to walk again. My first solo flight to somewhere else is today to get my hair cut after 11 months. I have been in serious depression as well due to all this and I struggle to get through each day. Besides COVID, people have lost their bloody minds and turned to violence for everything. I don't understand it and it doesn't solve anything, anymore than smoking solves anything. I agree with you in hoping our next leader (who's NOT ignorant and insane) can help get us out of this mess and can unify this nation towards more loving care toward each other. 

My mom is 91 and lives in Florida in a facility that has apartments, assisted living, nursing home care and a dementia area. My mom is very healthy and has her own apartment but I can't go see her. We could go down but we can't go beyond the gates and there is nothing to do. I won't stay in a hotel because my immune system is finally coming back after a bunch of medical problems this past 18 months. She's losing her memory and her eyesight is getting bad. I called her the day after my birthday because she hadn't called me which was highly unusual. I didn't mention it and she hadn't remembered it. I cried for the whole day. I hope I'll be able to see her before she's blind or doesn't remember who we are. I will feel sooo guilty for how I treated her last year.

I pray that you and your family stay healthy and that you don't have to endure any more losses. Stay strong my friend!

Ralph1955

The struggles we face daily are really testing all of us.  We share similar stories, fears and hopes.  I'll say a silent prayer for you and your mom.  We are able to see mom now and take her out but, after spending a week between my sisters house and my house it proved difficult for her.  Being isolated from us for 6 months sped up her dementia and she's only comfortable at the facility.  We feel the guilt as well but know that we did what was right for mom and dad at the time.  If we could have foreseen what was to come out plan would have be quite different. Water under the bridge.

To help myself out I took early retirement and only work a few days a week now. I gave up my chair and rent it to a stylist and gave most of my clients to other stylists.  This helps me deal better.  We have to do what we feel is right for us until we get a handle on this horrible virus.

Hugs to all of you for your kind words.  You are truly the best part of my life.

Undoubtedly we all know someone who passed away due to Covid. It’s a very sad fact. We must stay positive and hopeful. And, obviously we must all do our best to stay safe but it’s a balance between being cautious and being overly anxious. I for one, don’t want to live like I’m in prison. I recently had Covid and thank God I only had mild symptoms and have recovered. AND, Covid made me quit smoking. I’m on day 16. It’s a new kind of world and I am trying to find the positives from this experience.

Barbara145

So much good advice.  When I am feeling down I make a gratitude list.  Through all of this we still have so much to be grateful for.  I am saying a prayer for you.  Enjoy your day.

elvan

Ralph,

I am so sorry for your losses, so sorry that your mother's dementia has gotten worse.  This is such a difficult time, I am not good at isolation.  I was watching the news this morning and they showed people crammed into Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix for their Thanksgiving travels.  I KNOW it is not easy, I am not happy about it but I will do my part to wear a mask and socially distance and take this as the serious threat that it is.  I remember working as a nurse and during the Holidays, only the sickest people remained hospitalized, now the hospitals are PACKED with people and the staff is getting more and more worn out.  I am in awe of all of them. I so hope that people will follow the directions of the CDC and the people who specialize in infectious diseases, we have to stop feeding this virus or it will keep taking people from us every day.  How anyone can be in such denial about what is happening is beyond me.

Wishing you the best.

Hugs,

Ellen

Ralph1955

People are creatures with their own mindset and will do what they want no matter what.  Even with the evidence from the CDC they turn a blind eye and this is why we are in such desperate shape.  It's not their problem Until it hits them personally.  I'm angry at all them for being so selfish.

indingrl

Hi Ralph it is do GOOD to hear from you MY friend and I am so sorry your hurting please know prayers are lifted

Ralph1955

Thank you so much.  The hurt is going away; I have no control over it except to pray for better days.

indingrl

Thank YOU so much for sharing Ralph and CONGRATS on STAYING n.o.p.e. family member - I am so very sorry for YOUR loss - I prayed for YOU MY friend and Happy Thanks Day to you and yours in MY Lord Jesus name amen

0 Kudos