cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

Community Help

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my new friends here at Ex! I hope that everyone who wants to be smoke free in 2009 will succeed.

Anna
0 Kudos
183 Replies
gottogetit

Ive tried to quit smoking several times....I can't even count them....but I am not a quitter (how ironic!!).  Tried patches, gum and e-cigs...I'm stubborn and tend to give up sometimes too easily....but I'm not a qutter. I'm going to get this!!! My stress level is really high right now and I've even stop counting my cigs till my quit date...but I knew some sh..t...was coming my way...dealing with it as best I can....I'm not a quitter and I am going to quit smoking!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
dalepin

It's been 4 days for me now and wow, I already feel so much better.  I've cut my coffee from 5 cups to 2 and have actually exercised twice in the last 3 days.  I guess you could call those my patches and pills; however, if I slip up at some point, I'll probably go that route.  It's very encourgaging reading everyone's posts.  Thanks EX!!!!

0 Kudos

I've tried quitting about 4 times before... the longest I made it was 1 month.  Now I'm trying to quit again.  I set my quit day for July 5.  Just hoping I can really do it this time.  The part that gets me to go back is the irritability I get from quitting...  It gets so bad that even I can't stand myself!  I'm scared to death of quitting for that reason.  I have my parents and my boyfriend rooting for me, which helps.  And I hope joining this page/group also helps.  It's just high time I do something about it.  One, I can't afford it, and two, my kids don't like it that I smoke, and I want to do it for them, as well.

0 Kudos

Also, if this is helpful to anyone, I was told at the smoking cessation classes I've attended, to tell yourself when you're having a craving, "The urge will pass within 3-5 minutes, whether you smoke or not."  

0 Kudos
cbluitell

My first day tomorrow 07/02/2014.

0 Kudos
lola26

Hi, I just signed up today.  My quit date is August 18.  I will need lots of help, advice and support from all who want to help me. 

Thanks

Lola

0 Kudos
Carol5

Welcome newbie quittiers. I been here for my whole quit. I quit once & done for this girl. Not many can say that. I want you all to know that we are in this together. 

Protect your quit and know that the habit/addiction is an open wound/infant. Protect it like no other!!!

Mail other top EX members for help. Enjoy your cravings when you have them. Yes, I said that. Can't miss something that you look forward to. Cravings will go away. At 160 days, I don't crave but maybe once or twice a week!!! NO JOKE!!!!

I did my quit on the brink of death in March. You have your own reason for yours. Just REMEMBER the WHY you quit, so you CAN continue to regain your freedom.

You all have come a long way already. Now keep going forward.

Hugs & I am here with you 

Carol

0 Kudos
pauline13

my quite date is tomorrow, i quite one time for six years an started back.ive tryed so many times to quite again im hopeing this time i can.

0 Kudos
air-free

Hello everyone my quite is is this Monday and going to need all the help I can get 

thanks

0 Kudos
sheila82

Hello my name is Sheila, I have tried several times to quit but have relapsed. i got some patches and started them the day after Christmas, this time. I have tried the Chantex, and it worked great, but my medical coverage didn't cover enough to stay on it ,  some people like me need it longer. My main problem as I see it is that my husband smokes too.he's tried to quit too, and had the same relapse.  I really felt better when I was not smoking, and wanted so bad to stay that way,it felt great !... Besides my husband , I know my main trigger is stress, I have always had trouble handling it. The Chantex was the only thing I found that worked to overcome it. I try to stay calm about things, but it is very hard for me.

0 Kudos