cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

copley123

Coming up on 24 Hours

Hey all,

at midnight tonight, I will be without a cigarette for 24 hours (and it's 5 in the afternoon as I write this). It's been hard to quit. I've smoked on and off for 13 years. I once had six years without a cigarette. So since I am capable of quitting the physical addiction, but yet I keep going back to it; I'm concluding that I have a psychological dependency. This, I am trying to get rid of this time; that way, I can do away with this habit once and for all. Any suggestions are welcome.

thank you,

Copley

0 Kudos
3 Replies
trying-again3

Copely,

Sorry I can't give suggestions.  Right now I'm going on 24 hours myself.  I have smoked for 32 years, and I'm begining to go a little crazy.  I'm using the gum, but the strange thing is that I'm having a harder time breathing today than I did yesterday or Sunday.  I figured it'd get easier every day.  Anyone else have this problem?  I'm about ready to call my doc and ask why.

0 Kudos
copley123

hey trying again, it sounds to be like your system is clearing out. Sometimes, things get worse before they get better. That is my experience in life. Anyhow, still going strong since Sunday night (and it's Wednesday morning).

0 Kudos
jayblake1215

Hang in there. I still think about it everyday. However, at the same time I think about smoking, I think about all the nights I couldn't sleep because I was coughing so much.

Good luck to you, you can do it.

0 Kudos