cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Coming to my favorite place

Hi Everyone,

Coming to my favorite place because I know I will get the support I need and I do need some.  Today has been a little challenging.  I don't really know why except to say that I feel edgy.  I am proud of myself for starting day 17 of my quit and can't even believe that I have done this.  I also know that I do not want to smoke.  I guess I have the blahs.  I think being tired is partly responsible as I could have slept all day if I didn't have things to do.  I woke up late as it is, but really would have loved to give myself the day to lounge and sleep.  Self-compassion is hard for me because it doesn't feel right even though I know it's necessary and important.  Not just for a smoke free life, but for life in general.  I can't count how many times I have sat with clients and said, "If you don't take care of yourself first how will you be able to care for others?".  I should take my own counsel, but it's hard.  I do need it today, so I will try not to beat myself up for having an off day and try to get to bed early.  Thanks everyone.

-Michelle

16 DOF

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Mandolinrain

I was SO tired the entire first month of my quit. I felt like I had been drugged. I had no desire to do much of anything, and thats not me at all. I then had read somewhere on this site in fact ( and I wish I had bookmarked it for a time such as this...) that made me feel good. I had made a choice to let go of Cigarettes and my body was taking its time to cleanse. It was doing an internal cleaning.

About the 4-5 week mark I started feeling less 'empty' and started a walking routine everyday. I bought a fitbit and worked my way up to 10,000 steps a day and sometimes even more. The more I walked, the better I felt. I had more energy and my 'blah' feelings disappeared. I also used a mini tramp in the living room when I had craves. I would jump a few minutes and craves would flee and found it also increased my energy and happiness

Anyway, if your body is telling you to slow down .....its okay. Its healing. Allow for that. Your doing so great, Im so proud of you. Sorry I am seeing this so late today. Hugs~Missy

MichelleDiane

Thanks for the hugs Missy

-Michelle

Mandolinrain

xoxo:)

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

0 Kudos
Mon2

Hey Michelle:  We are doing this no smoking.  Way to go!

MichelleDiane

Thanks!  I've got this.  Make it a great smoke free day.

-Michelle

0 Kudos