cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

katinthehat

Clubs and Smoking

Anyone tried going to a club smoke free yet? My quit date was yesterday and my roommates are already asking about going to girlbar this weekend. EX says not to go where you smoke and I chain smoke there. Any tips? Or should I just avoid it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
louise3

I went to the bar last night with a friend who was smoking and it was a bit hard, but it was also okay. Today is my 6th day of not smoking, and the afternoon.evening cravings have been pretty hard. But, we went early in the evening, didn't stay long and sat and had one beer (and a big glass of water) in the outside seating. It was nice to run into a few people and see some folks, but not have to stay all night dealing with really actually still wanting to smoke.

I guess it's up to you, I got sick of staying at home or going to the movies and it was Friday night and I wanted to see some friends. So, I sucked it up and went out, only a mini version of my usual Friday nights. I will tell you though that my girfriend stayed home and for a few seconds I thought, "she won't know if I have one cig". That was a pretty dangerous set up, but I recognized it and told myslef that it was just for tonight, that I could make it through tonight and I feel pretty good about myself this morning for making it through another difficult day.

Good luck! It's a tough decision! I'm hoping that the first weekend without cigs is the hardest and the rest get easier! I guess the hard part is that there aren't alot of queer places other than bars in most cities. I say follow your gut. If it's too soon, take the weekend in, you can go out next weekend! If you wanna give it a shot, formulate an exit plan so you can leave if you need to. Most of all, try to have fun! That's what going out is for!
0 Kudos
katinthehat

Thanks Louise, I wound up staying in but just because I didn't want to spend the money. It helps that in CA all the bars are non smoking and I have to go outside to smoke. I'll be giving it a shot this weekend and I'll let you know how I do.
0 Kudos