cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mariggin

Christmas Eve Smoking Again

1. I am so happy  I am over 600 days quit.   I worked the 2-10 shift on Christmas Eve which I have not done in many years. Gosh, did that remind me of being a smoker.  I thought about going outside and finding a smoker to "borrow" a cigarette from.  I can't believe  I thought so strongly about smoking again.  I feel wonderful being a non smoker, but boy did I want to give in. I reminded myself how hard it was to come this far and I did not go out to smoke. I feel good, but less resolved based on the strength of that craving after many many months of no cravings.  Yikes, did that not feel good!  I came home from work and did not think about smoking again, even though I with other smokers.  I think I realized once again, how this is all about me.  I and only I came overcome this one day, one month,one year and only I can say no thank you even to myself.  
10 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 600 days of freedom.  When you quit for yourself, it is hard to pick up again. The Seasons can make you vulnerable.  BeWare! If you think about it does not mean you have to act upon it. 

mariggin

Thank you Jackie.  Words well spoken!

Tinalbowser

Congratulations. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB - SELF HONESTY AND KNOWING YOUR OWN PERSONAL NICOTINE ADDITION! YAHOOO AND WAY TO GO! YOU DID IT-NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OVER YOU! 

mariggin

Thanks so much for your support.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious quit journey YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON YAY for you having over 600 glorious DOF and counting WTG, we've all got to remain vigilant especially during the holidays and as long as we all stick with N.O.P.E and vigilance then we're guaranteed a life of Freedom ......

mariggin

Thank you for your support.  A thought is not a call to action -- i love that.   It's so true.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You must get through two sets of seasons changing, holidays, family dramas before those thoughts calm down.  I believe it's because we don't have much practice or relearning time with them.

Remember that a thought is NOT a call to action - if that weren't  true, there would be a LOT of dead supervisors each month out there! 

sweetplt

I am so happy you didn’t lose your quit.  This shows we have to be diligent the rest of our lives.

I lost wo quits the same way.  One I was quit 8 years and gave into the urge.  This time quit I am trying to learn this is a lifetime choice...Have a beautiful smoke free Friday ... Thank you for sharing. Colleen aka sweetp