cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rodonald

Chewing Tobacco

So my father was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, he has been a dipper since he was 12, he is 60 now. I picked up the habit when I was 18 and I am now 31. I decided to quit for my kids. I don't want to put them though what I am going through with my dad. This is hard on day 5 of hell week, a lot of the helping info is more towards smokers and designed for smokers. So if anyone has any info they can pass along that will help someone with chewing tobacco I would greatly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
15 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

Maki's reply? "Maki reply says it all I think."  I don't see any response from Maki here.  I'm confused myself.  Perhaps she deleted it?

She didn't write anything, nothing was deleted. I think it was a mis-mention by Sootie

Sootie wrote:

Mark--- I have no idea what your message means..........

You @mentioned her instead of me . I was being cheeky that we're different / not equal and that she's probably more than me in value of her responses.

Back to the regularly scheduled program....

Rodonald

How are things? How are you doing?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Glad you parsed that out.  Had no idea what you meant either.  For those of us who are math impaired, words are always easier to understand.  lol

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Rodonald   We're all addicted to nicotine no matter how we get out fix.   If you haven't done so already, educating yourself about nicotine addiction and creating a quit plan are a great way to achieve a successful quit.    I skipped these two steps in the past and always failed.  After 50 years of smoking I'm approaching 3 years.  I have to attribute some of that success to the support I received on the Ex.  Congrats on 5 days.  We're here for you, so just reach out anytime you need support or want to share your journey.

One day at tme.

Barb

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Rodonald ... keep busy and keep close to the support site for help ... we are in this together...Colleen 

Ps sorry about your dad’s diagnosis...

0 Kudos
indingrl

For YOU rodonald and your father in MY Lord Jesus name amen

0 Kudos
Sootie

Rodonald

We haven't heard from you so let us know how you are doing....praying for your dad.

Sorry we "hijacked" your blog a bit for technical computer stuff---didn't mean to.......

Please let us know how you are doing.

0 Kudos